- Certification in GIAC, CISSP-ISSAP (Information System Security Architecture Professional)
- Thorough understanding of Information Security specifications including ISO 27001, PCI DSS
- Understanding of capability frameworks such as CMMI
- Understanding of TOGAF, IASA, Zachman and other Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Understanding of industry standard development methods (e.g. RUP, SCRUM)
- Understanding of ITIL Framework
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Architecture Guiding Principles for information security, drawing on architectural knowledge and experience.
- Assist Cyber-Security governance team in the development and maintenance of new corporate Cyber-Security standards, analyzing and understanding potential impact of competing technologies, assessing their strategic significance, defining their strategic role and scope, roadmap, relationship to existing standards, and periodically reviewing our entire IT estate in the context of those security standards
- Lead the development and documentation of security context architectural patterns and solution designs for use in solutions. Provide expert consultancy and coaching on these to project teams
- Track technologies and new business innovations in CyberSecurity, determine how they relate to our IT strategy, existing standards, platforms and patterns, and lead the work to amend existing assets or create new assets to reflect changes in the technology landscape
- Lead solution design reviews and technical design reviews, ensuring that projects are following agreed corporate security strategic direction and alignment to security standards and patterns
- Lead the solution shaping phase for major (more than AED 5m) complex projects, taking full responsibility for the security context of the solution.
- developing solution scenarios / stakeholder model
- identifying appropriate strategic solution options
- developing high level architectures for those options
- leading the evaluation of the candidate architectures
- selecting the preferred solution architecture
- documenting that architecture
- guiding the development team in its adoption and elaboration as a solution design
- From time to time, lead a strategic incubator project that will take a strategically significant new or innovative security technology or architectural approach. This involves assembling and managing the development team, taking full responsibility for the solution architecture, leading the design and development of the solution, and taking overall responsibility for the management of the project, its budget, timescales and dependencies. Such projects will create the foundations for corporate security strategic platforms on which security of our future critical business systems will depend. Significant experience of major systems architecture is needed to ensure that a robust and scalable solution is developed.
- Manage, direct, inspire and coach the work and capability of STE, Principal Solution Architect resources as required, and engage in, and lead, a much wider virtual team of senior managers, technical and subject matter experts and business managers consisting of at least 20 individuals.
- Own, Manage and maintain the architecture roadmap of complex/large Projects, Products, Environments or Platforms.