Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Responsible for developing and implementing the supplier strategy for sourcing products and services for the Chemicals Commodity. Strategically, the role requires driving and developing comprehensive plans for establishing synergy and supporting strategic tenders through strong technical/market expertise.
• Driving the sourcing strategy that delivers a competitive advantage including implementation of the strategic supplier initiatives. This includes supplier selection, development, and supplier consolidation to ensure sourcing optimization and overall supplier performance.
• Developing the sourcing strategy that drives synergy efforts across the various chemicals purchases and uses these efforts to drive better outcomes in customer tenders.
• Leading Chemicals Commodity specific sourcing with full accountability for buy and meeting material deflation targets by setting strategic direction for global or regional sourcing professionals.
• Developing strategies and driving negotiations to meet the quality, fulfillment and productivity requirements of the business.
• Collaborating with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
• Supporting Supplier Quality Program, ensuring supplier compliance with FDA, EHS, transportation and other regulatory and reputation requirements.
• Partner with other Strategic Sourcing managers in the respective product lines to ensure alignment and sharing of best practices; disseminate best practices to category team and drive continuous learning
Desired Candidate Profile
• Bachelor s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
• Proficient in procurement and strategic sourcing processes
• Able to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to liaise with peers and senior leaders both within and across business units
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Comfortable making presentations to senior leadership
• Proficient in financial, quantitative, and analytical skills
• Possesses strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills; track record capturing value and savings
• Strong project and internal relationship management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others
• Background in Supply Chain, Manufacturing and/or Materials Management especially in chemicals
• Oil & Gas industry experience
• Experience in Oilfield Chemicals Sourcing
• Previous experience in a Regional position
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more