The Sourcing Officer will act as the Procurement Department lead to plan, organize and control the business/contracts/negotiations to support the strategic acquisition of materials, equipment, and services at IHCC. He will work with the buyers, external suppliers, project management, estimating, design, engineering, QA/QC to provide Materials, Equipment and/or Services to support the organization s goals to improve IHCC s cost, delivery, quality, and lead time. This individual will need to interact with most levels of management within IHCC and the supply base, including suppliers GM s VP and owners/executives.
• Serves as team leader point for most supplier agreement negotiations, renegotiation and contracts. Negotiates long-term or blanket-agreements.
• Develops IHCC s strategic commodity plan to define a preferred supplier base for materials, equipment, or services. Team leader, with support from the buyers, to execute the strategic commodity plan in order to rationalize the supply-base to the spend into the preferred supplier base for materials, equipment, or services.
• Develops, as requested by the Project Manager, a Project Sourcing plan to identify critical and long-lead procurement as part of the Project Initiation & Project Planning phases of IHCC Project Management processes.
• Defines metrics and monitors supplier performance against these expectations to ensure continuous supplier improvement. Regularly evaluates quality and performance benchmarks and the risks associated with the suppliers.
• Responsible for the overall supplier relationship and supplier performance for all assigned IHCC commodities, including quality, cost, delivery, service.
• Encourages and coordinates early supplier involvement in materials, equipment, or services using the suppliers expertise to optimize quality and cost.
• Develops the IHCC procurement and inventory optimization & control strategy (e.g., JIT, supplier consignment) for either a project or commodity group. Leads purchasing team to assist in the research, development, and implementation of solutions to supply & inventory issues.
• Participates with buyers on a cross-functional Integrated Project Team (IPT) that focuses on strategic supply challenges, and to ensure internal/external customer needs are satisfied.
• 7-10 years of directly applicable commodity team, strategic sourcing and/or Supply-Chain management experience.
• Ability to participate on a cross-functional IPT team with Project Management, engineering, QA/QC as well as procurement.