• Job number: SRH03649
• Type de poste: Overseas missions
• Domaine de competence: Regional Coordination / Head of Mission
• Statut: Salari
• Contract Type: Short term contract
• Country: South Sudan
About the mission...
Country : South Sudan
Base : Malakal with frequent travel to Aburoc and in Upper Nile State
Duration : 4 months renewable.
The civil armed conflict that broke out in South Sudan in mid December 2013 has burdened the country with a multi layered arrays of challenges. According to OCHA and UNHCR, in December 2018, over 4 million people were still forced to flee their homes due to insecurity, including 1.87 million IDPs and 2.27 million refugees still hosted in neighboring countries. The protracted nature of the conflict has considerably destroyed key basic infrastructures, and weakened livelihood opportunities, while eroding the coping capacities of the local communities. The population is also facing the impact of climate change, with alteration of usual rainfall patterns, leading to seasonal droughts and flooding, causing further displacements and contributing to resource based conflicts. Public health services are non existent and reproductive health and health indicators in the country are amongst the worst in the world.
Solidarit s International in South Sudan:
SI has started to implement its humanitarian response in South Sudan in 2006. Its long lasting presence has contributed to build a wealth of experience in WASH and FSL assessments, implementation and accountability to beneficiaries. In December 2013, SI became a key WASH actor for IDPs in the PoC of Malakal and implemented construction and maintenance of sanitation facilities, waste management and hygiene promotion activities. Following the displacement from Wau Shilluk, SI is also present in Aburoc since 2017 and was one of the very first actors on the ground to implement WaSH activities, and is currently the WaSH site focal point for the cluster.
About the job...
Reporting to the Country Director in Juba, the Field Coordinator oversees SI s interventions in the area and as such his/her responsibilities include:
• Context and security management: Analyzing the context and overseeing the security of all staffs in collaboration with his/ her Head of mission.
• External representation: engage with the communities, partners, clusters, and all key stakeholders.
• Strategy and program implementation: Developing a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensuring its implementation once validated.
• Ensuring quality and timely delivery of assistance, and that programs are carried out in accordance with defined standards and procedures.
• Mobilizing the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
• Direct HR management of the program and support team.
• Oversee all aspects of base management; logistics, administration etc.
Budget: $850,000 (Funding by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs/CDC, RRF, UNICEF)
HR: 1 expatriate Program Manager and 8 national staffs.
The main stakes :
Ensure timely and quality humanitarian assistance is delivered through the on-going program while gaining in-depth knowledge of the unmet needs in the areas, to support the design of a relevant humanitarian response.
Contribute actively to the design of SI s 2020 strategy including through leading multisectoral needs assessments, in order to design projects in new areas of intervention.
Direct management of the logistic and administrative staffs, to ensure the respect of the internal process and the accountability toward our donors.