• Job number: SRH03748
• Type de poste: Overseas missions
• Domaine de competence: Food security
• Statut: Salari
• Contract Type: Short term contract
• Country: South Sudan
About the mission
Country: South Sudan
Location: Raja, with some travels to Juba
Duration: 12 months
Start date: 1 st March 2020
SI has started to implement its humanitarian response in South Sudan in 2006. Its long lasting presence has contributed to build a wealth of experience in WASH and FSL assessments, implementation and accountability to beneficiaries. In December 2013, SI became a key WASH actor for IDPs in the PoC of Malakal and implemented construction and maintenance of sanitation facilities, waste management and hygiene promotion activities. Following the displacement from Wau Shilluk, SI is also present in Aburoc since 2017 and was one of the very first actors on the ground to implement WaSH activities, and is currently the WaSH site focal point for the cluster.
SI has also implemented food security activities in South Sudan; piloting large-scale unconditional cash transfers amongst IDPs and host communities in Upper Nile State, as well as seeds distribution in Malakal.
In 2017, SI opened a base in Raja, Western Bahr el Ghazal, where SI has been implementing WASH in Health as well as Food Security and Livelihoods programmes in partnership with ALIMA, notably under OFDA, GIZ and SSHF grants. Thanks to these interventions, SI has managed to reach some of the remote locations in Raja such as Timsaha and Boro Medina, giving a good experience in dealing with the different actors in the area.
Furthermore, since October 2018, SI is implementing a WaSH response for Ebola and Cholera preparedness in Nimule and Juba, especially through IPC WASH and WaSH in Health interventions.
Finally, SI is implementing RRM programs since 2012 in many different settings with various interventions, allowing SI to develop deep knowledge and understanding of the different challenges South Sudan is facing.
The main axis of SI s country strategy are as follows:
• Preparedness and response to acute multisectoral needs, through an integrated approach
• Improvement of the basic services in light of the movements of population and creation of livelihood opportunities
The overall budget of the South Sudan mission is circa 2 million USD.
About the job
The program manager is reporting directly to the Field Coordinator. He/she is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives defined in the proposals. He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program. He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
1 - Program planning, implementation and monitoring to ensure FSL interventions are targeting most needy people in Raja county as agreed in SI strategy and in the project proposals.
• Emergency distribution of crop seeds and tools (procurement, distribution, follow up) CIAA, ECHO and FFP
• Distribution of all year vegetable seeds and fishing kits CIAA, ECHO, FFP
• Technical support and knowledge/capacity building for the farmers (CIAA, ECHO) and farmer field schools (FFP)
• Hygiene and nutrition promotion campaigns in all Raja county (ECHO, FFP)
• Motorization of boreholes for irrigation purposes (FFP)
• Storage facilities for seeds (FFP)
• Market assessment, IGA, vocational training and support to revitalization of the market (FFP)
• CFW activities (not sure)
• Different need assessments/Rapid assessments: WASH and multisectorial
• Ensuring the integration of the FSL activities with: 1/ SI projects with FSL component (CIAA, FFP, ECHO), 2/Other activities: WASH, Protection (partners), 3/ with the other partners for the 3 consortiums (FFP, ECHO, CIAA)
2 - Financial planning and budget follow up to ensure successful FSL intervention in Raja county
3 - Management and capacity building of local team hire in Raja County for the FSL response
4 - Coordination and representation in the different coordination forums (national and sub national FSL clusters, bilateral coordination with other NGOs)
5 - Support Coordination team and HoM in different policy and security related decision making.
6 - Provision of FSL technical inputs for Raja (WASH focal point for the base) and to the coordination when is it needed
7 - Reporting of the activities (reports, etc.) and participation to the proposal writing to be submitted to a range of donors (such as CIAA, ECHO, FFP, etc.)
8 - Support any other project of the mission when needed
Main priorities within the first 3 months of the mission (taking into account the access constraints: rainy seasons is cutting off the roads and access to the North and West the most vulnerable areas that are targeted under ECHO)
• With support with LOG team at coordination level: procurement, delivery and distribution of the emergency seeds and tools for the 2020 planting season
• Multisectorial and FSL assessment in the hard to reach areas (Boremedina, Timsaha) for the selection of the BNFs
• Market assessment
Recruitment and training of the FSL team