Essential Job Responsibilities Coordination & Reporting
• Identify key humanitarian partners for the sector, respecting their existing mandates and program priorities.
• Liaise and follow up with new humanitarian partners on a bilateral basis in order to be as inclusive as possible while supporting them in establishing their FSL-related programming;
• Ensure accurate and timely reports are produced by the FS cluster and regularly updated on FS dashboard
• Liaise between IM and cluster partners to ensure that cluster is producing appropriate products that are in keeping with partner s needs;
• Ensure high quality data analysis is produced by hub on a monthly basis;.
Representation & Advocacy
• Act as focal point for inquiries on the sector s response plans and operations.
• Advocate to donors to fund sector partners to carry out priority activities, while at the same time encouraging sector partners to mobilize resources for their activities through their usual channels.
• Represent the interests of the South Syria FSL sector in discussions with external bodies.
• Identification of core advocacy concerns, including resource requirements, and contribute key messages to broader advocacy initiatives of the DRHC and other actors.
• Support whenever no conflict of interests is at risk Mercy Corps strategic and programmatic orientations in Syria based on the evolution of the dynamics on the ground
Preparedness & Capacity Building
• Promote and support training of humanitarian personnel and capacity building of humanitarian partners.
• Support efforts to strengthen the capacity of the national/local partners and civil society, ensuring the application of appropriate standards in.
• Support national/local partners with bilateral meeting.
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
• Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
• As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
• Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Support WOS FS Coordinator in supervising IM for Jordan hub.
Reports Directly To: SCS Director of Programs .
Works Directly With: The WOS Food Security Cluster Co lead (also hosted by Mercy Corps) and the Country Director.
Knowledge and Experience
• MA/MS degree in a relevant subject; food security, agriculture, economics or related field preferred.
• 2-5 years of experience in humanitarian response including in the food security sector.
• Excellent technical understanding and experience in the FSL sector, particularly in emergency contexts.
• Background in managing primary data collection projects, and producing assessment reports that assist with contextual analysis for the FS sector
• Strong understanding of information management systems; through online platforms and dashboards
• Advanced skills in excel preferred
• Strong knowledge of household livelihood security framework, value chains methodology and market-based approaches to working with poor populations.
The successful candidate will have the ability to network effectively and influence and inspire others including governments, other agencies, and own peers, staff, and partners and will also have the ability to undertake strategic analysis and translate thinking into practice. S/He will work with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and with virtual or/and dispersed teams and will have the ability to inspire, to build confidence and to find creative and constructive solutions to difficult issues. The successful candidate will be build trust and alliances and will empower others.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
This role is based in Amman, Jordan and is an unaccompanied position. About 70% of travel in the region is estimated, including traveling on weekends. Housing is individual accommodation with unlimited freedom of movement beyond the house/office. There are numerous International schools in Jordan. Staff will have a very high degree of access to medical and other services.
Mercy Corps Team members represent the agency both during and outside of work hours when deployed in a field posting or on a visit/TDY to a field posting. Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :
HSE (Health / Safety / Environment)