Specialist Compliance Advisory & Governance
Banking and Finance
Job Title: Specialist Compliance Advisory & Governance
Reporting to: Head of Compliance Advisory & Governance
Job Role :
The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring and providing adequate support to Group Compliance advisory (such as services linked to the internal aspects of policies, procedures, etc.), provide effective legal support on all compliance aspects, support corporate governance practices and services, act in a pro-active manner toward any regulatory changes in the banking industry and facts, for both local and international environments. The incumbent must also support implementation of projects (including ad-hoc projects), support application of the corporate governance principles and provide support in adoption and implementation through the group entities as well as maintaining a high awareness level through the organization of the Compliance Culture and practices. Hence, assist the Head of Compliance Advisory & Governance and Chief Financial Crime Compliance & Governance in preventing the Group from being exposed to the risk of legal/ regulatory breaches and the associated financial/ reputation loss that the Group may incur/ suffer as a result of failure to comply with applicable laws, regulations, codes of conduct and standards of good practice relevant to the Group s activities.
• Responsible for supporting Corporate Governance implementation, monitoring & review;
• Responsible for providing adequate independent support on compliance advisory and projects services provided to business in view of the non-compliance risk assessment faced by the Group with respect to its domestic and international operations.
• Work with minimal supervision to independently create, adopt and implement of best-practice policies in Corporate Governance for a newly established Branch/Subsidiary
• Support the Head of Compliance Advisory & Governance in liaising with the regulatory authorities and business / operational divisions on continuous basis to resolve their queries/ respond to issues raised by them relating to the Group s compliance, governance and legal efforts
• Support the Head of Compliance Advisory & Governance to ensure adequate delivery of the coverage of the Group s operations/ activities in the annual compliance plan, to provide assurance to the Board Committees, the Board of Directors and Executive Management on the adequacy and effectiveness of the processes in place to ensure compliance with the relevant laws/ regulations affecting the Group s operations.
• Create training decks and provide technical assistance to concerned staff to enhance their capacity to strategically plan the Bank oversight, conduct awareness programs.
• Ensure adequate delivery and feedback on the Group s policies, procedures based on all the compliance requirements along with the international best practice.
• Ensure the implementation of the appropriate mechanisms to ensure all the regulatory changes, both local and international, impacting the Group activities are learned, assessed and reflected in the Group documentation and operations
• Report the results of compliance advisory efforts of all entities to the Head of Compliance Advisory & Governance.
• Assist in establishing new E-channels to build the awareness and knowledge among the Group staff members.
• Interpret laws and regulations for compliance purposes and provide guidance for efficient implementation of the laws and regulations changes to the Group business processes. Keep abreast on financial industry laws and regulations and provide regulatory expertise in consulting with business line leaders within the Group.
• Unrestricted access through the direct supervisor at any time to all information, records, personnel and property in the region and overseas (as and when applicable) that is required for the effective discharge of his responsibilities.
• Maintain utmost confidentiality with respect to the information obtained during the day-to-day performance of his duties/ responsibilities.
• Provision of inputs to the Head of Compliance Advisory & Governance and Chief Financial Crime Compliance & Governance on Department s training plan and thereby develop/ enhance the skill sets of Group Compliance personnel and provide them with opportunities for career development. Also, identify areas for professional development of self and other Group Compliance personnel.
• Review all the new issued policies and procedures and provide advice on the non-compliance risk aspects, legal and internal control fundamentals
• Assist the Head of Compliance Advisory & Governance providing high level advice and hands on assistance with issues related to: Central Bank instructions, QFMA Codes for financial Services and Corporate Governance, Tax compliance programs, Stress testing guidelines, Basel principles and guidelines on banking supervision, Pillar 3 of the Capital adequacy framework, Legal framework of the Group operations (local and international regulations), relevant international standards, etc..
• Provide compliance consulting in areas of consumer, non-consumer and commercial compliance relative to their line(s) of business.
• Work with limited supervision and have latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
• Provide real-time ad hoc corrective actions and compliance advisory oversight for all business lines.
• Initiate the studies, manuals on the new regulations, international standards, etc.
• Facilitate an organizational compliance culture throughout the Group, which reflects a commitment to compliance with the laws and regulations.
• Ensure ongoing development and implementation of the company s Code of Conduct and Compliance awareness,
• Bachelor s degree with professional qualifications such as CAMS/ CCO/ CIA.
• A minimum of 10 years experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 5 years should be in a supervisory role relating to Compliance or Internal Audit.
Banking and Finance