• Develop Specifications in CSI Format
• Reviews drawings and other documents to write and edit specifications for projects and coordinates compliance
with project requirements, institutional guidelines, Populous standards, technical conditions, acceptable
standards, and existing laws, rules, regulations and codes.
• Interprets the project design requirements and translates those requirements into materials, methods,
equipment, procedures, installation, and certification testing necessary to provide the narrative descriptions
which are used to procure, install and erect building components.
• Participates in fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
• Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects and functions as an internal sustainability
• Participates in QA/QC reviews and checks on project documents.
• Coordinates specifications with Building Information Modeling (BIM) strategies and specification writing
• Assists project managers and architects with material and system construct ability analysis.
• Performs product research; assists project designers with material selection and system research.
• Participates in quality management reviews and technical advice in design development through construction
• Assists project architects with shop drawing and product substitution review.
• Coordinates and reviews consultant technical specifications for conformance with Populous standards.
• Acts as a risk management resource to other project leaders.
• Develops and maintains relationships with vendors.
• Develops new specification sections as needed.
• Participates in developing and improving Populous document standards and best practice procedures and
bridges the gap between design professionals, specifications, LEED, QA/QC and construction administration