The Sr Buyer s main responsibility is to manage an entire portfolio from A-Z, helping to drive the overall brand s sales and profits in line with the company s targets and strategies. A portfolio is typically either, all menswear, or all womenswear. He/she will analyze portfolio performance in order to construct category and option based Range Plans, with appropriate price architecture and correct balance between key and basic fashion styles.
The Sr Buyer will Construct from numerous sources the styles that will make up the coherent collection to meet customer expectations. He/she will work closely with Sourcing & Production Department to ensure price and quality of product, as well as to ensure merchandise will be delivered on time. In addition he/she will negotiate prices to ensure suitable profitability targets and will work with the Retail Planner to react and minimize risk during the season by making appropriate decisions on OTB, allocations, and mark-downs.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Driving the assigned brand portfolio s sales and profits in line with the company s targets and strategies.
• Building total look products range that are appropriate for set brand profile and targeted customers.
• Analyzing brand s sales and developing instant commercial understanding and good knowledge of clients requirements by means of customer trend, and market research, and feeding it up with the designers and concerned departments.
• Constructing category and option based Range Plans, with appropriate price architecture and correct balance between key and basic fashion style
• Constructing from numerous sources (in-house design, suppliers samples, web etc.) the styles that will make an up to date collection to meet customer expectations and achieve sales and profitability targets.
• Planning and conducting International Fair and Shopping visits and then preparing appropriate presentations to share with team.
• Support Buying Manager to implement a sourcing strategy that will enable merchandizes to be delivered on time, at the right price, and with acceptable quality.
• Negotiating prices and placing orders while ensuring that selling prices are appropriate for the customer and margins are suitable to meet profitability targets.
• Working with Retail Planning to maximize profitability and minimize risk during the season by making appropriate decisions on OTB, allocations, and mark-downs.
• Recruiting, developing, and coaching the assigned portfolio s buyers to deliver the assigned products line to achieve the target.
• Support development of the buying calendar to ensure right delivery and planning of the brands activities budgets including costs and trips.
Required Education & Skills
• Minimum of a University degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a buying role, ideally in menswear
• Strong commercial understanding with updated with fashion and consumer trends
• Ability to work with and maintain team harmony to achieve objectives
• High communication skills and ability to coordinate effectively between multiple people
• High planning skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to make effective and timely decisions
• People Management skills
• Adaptability and flexibly to handle many changes in a workday
• Ability to perform under pressure and complete tasks within timeframe
• Well versed in Microsoft office applications (such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint ).
• Proficiency in English ( Arabic is a plus, but not essential)