Our client is a leading company based in Qatar.
Position Title: Sr. Data Modeler
Duration: 12 months (extendable)
Location: Doha Qatar
Experience: 8-10 yrs minimum
1. Full functional knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts, development, and design.
2. Data Profiling and Exploration - Facilitate the information discovery of source data such as entities, attributes, relationships, and business rules from the functional experts and the user community.
3. Logical Data Modeling - Design and normalize the LDM in 3NF.
4. Physical Data Modeling - Building out table structures and indexes within the Teradata RDBMS based on the LDM design.
5. Semantic Modeling - Work with Business Consultant to design and build the Semantic Layer Models, which addressed business requirements.
6. Knowledge of Data Architecture Principles, Advocated Positions, Design Patterns, and Implementation Alternatives.
7. Understanding of Teradata C-LDM, Teradata Reference Information Architecture and the Unified Data Architecture.
8. Work with ETL consultants to map source system data to Teradata physical models.
9. Maintain and publish project business rules and the related enterprise data dictionary.
10. Maintain and publish single LDM for the Enterprise
11. Develop and manage data models and related metadata for the enterprise.
12. Work with the appropriate project management methodology (Agile or Waterfall) based on project requirements.
13. Work with all Teradata Solutions including Teradata, Aster Data, Hadoop, and Applications.
14. In depth knowledge of Telco business processes and business information models.
15. In depth knowledge of data modeling methodologies and techniques.
16. Work extensively with ERwin or other data modeling tools.
17. Understand of Data Lake and provide a single presentation layer from Data Lake and Data warehouse.
18. Must have knowledge of TM Forum’s Information Framework Shared Information Data Model (SID) and apply in the standardized /non-standardized Data model.
Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge
1. Have 7-10 years of Data warehousing Experience
2. Demonstrated skills in SQL
3. Experience in Application development methods, techniques and standards.
4. Ability to work well with people from different disciplines with very degrees of technical expertise.
5. Ability to express complex technical Support for problem resolution.
6. Knowledge of Telecom industry.
7. Follow change concept and policies.
8. In depth knowledge of facilitation and conflict resolution processes
9. A team player with excellent English communication skills.
10. Experience with multi-national, distributed teams is a plus.
Minimum Technical Skills Requirement
1. Must have experience with Teradata Database (V15.1)
2. Strong knowledge of BI and its tools like SAP BO, Qlik & Tableau
3. Must have strong analytical skills to define functional requirements.
4. Experience in application development by using the following tools:
Informatica, Teradata RDBM/SQL, Teradata Utilities, CLDM (communication Logical Model), Hadoop
5. Strong ERWIn Experience.
6. Experience in working on Big Data and its related technologies(Hbase,Hive, Impala, presto)
If interested kindly mail us your updated CV as a word document along with a recent snap, your current and expected compensation / salary details, your joining time, the reason for your current change and your passport details to firstname.lastname@example.org