• Design custom mechanical handling equipment for Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU).
• Supervise and train junior Engineers to ensure all work scopes are completed to the relevant standards and specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Design and engineering of custom handling equipment for Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU), in particular Lifting Appliances, including but not limited to:
• Multipurpose carriers (BOP, Xmas ).
• Multipurpose overhead cranes.
• Jib cranes.
• Existing structure calculation / reinforcements.
• Prepare conceptual and detailed studies of the kinematics and electric / hydraulic systems for mechanical systems responsible for equipment motion and power transmission (motor sizing, etc).
• Lead the mechanical design and coordinate the integration of mechanical systems (motion, power and associated electric / hydraulic systems) with other disciplines such as automation / rig interface, structural and piping project team(s).
• Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches and specifications.
• Provide input to feasibility studies, design criteria, reports, preliminary design and engineering specifications.
• Carry out surveys and prepare detailed reports (usually with Project team members).
• Liaise with Clients, Class Authorities, Contractors if needed.
• Prepare Studies, Design Criteria, and Quantity Estimates.
• Contribute to preparation of proposals and man-hour estimates (for engineering studies).
• Develop and promote Engineering Safety in Design initiatives.
• Coordinate all requirements for the related project with other disciplines.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience on equipment design for Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU).
• Consolidated experience on the design of heavy lifting equipment (Mechanical and Hydraulic systems) for drilling rigs is mandatory.
• Previous experience on the design of drilling equipment such as BOP/Christmas trees handling systems (BOP Trolleys, BOP Cranes, Christmas Tree Trolleys) is mandatory.
• In depth knowledge of ABS and DNV Lifting standards is needed.
• Experience/awareness on interface systems (hydraulic, electrical and automation) between equipment and rig would be a definite plus.
• Previous experience on the design of winches would be beneficial
Qualification and Knowledge:
• Mechanical or Mechatronics Engineering Degree/MSc.
• Design of heavy machinery (including kinematic mechanisms, mechanical power and associated hydraulic systems) for lifting appliances, in particular for drilling rigs.
• Understanding of hydraulic and piping P&ID, creating new diagrams and/or modifying existing drawings if required.
• Knowledge of classification societies such as DNVGL, ABS, Lloyds in relation to mechanical and structural design.
• Knowledge of Lifting Appliances Rules/Standards issued by ABS, DNVGL and FEM.
• Demonstrate understanding of international regulatory standards for Offshore Oil & Gas Industry such as: AISC, API-RP-2A, DNVGL / ABS and ASME.
• Well versed in calculation and drafting software such as MATHCAD, Excel Spreadsheets, INVENTOR/AUTOCAD, Hydraulic specific software etc.
• Knowledge of Finite Element software such as STAAD PRO, ANSYS, FEMAP is beneficial.
• Integration of Mechanical systems in new or existing equipment, coordinating the associated engineering (structural, piping, automation etc) with other engineering/project team(s).
• Technical knowledge of steel fabrication is beneficial.
Skills and Competencies:
• Technical skills Strong understanding of international regulations and definition of Equipment Basis of Design.
• Team Leadership Successfully manage and lead a team to project or task completion.
• Project Management Effectively manages projects by appropriately focusing on the critical priorities.
• Enforcing Company Policies and Procedures Aligns oneself and encourage others to align with company policies and procedures.
• Initiative when solving problems Proactively identifies the root causes of the problem. Keeps the big picture in mind when creating solutions.
• Collaboration Works efficiently and inclusively with a range of people, both within and outside of the organization.
You can Apply for this job by logging in with your OilExec Account. If you dont have an account yet then you can create one using our Register CV Page.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :