- Perform preventative and restorative maintenance duties and tasks safely and effectively on process control systems and fire and gas equipment. Maximize the instrument, control and Fire and Gas safety systems to safely and effectively contribute to delivering optimum Island production.
- Allocate work to assigned technician, ensure availability of materials and follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion. Participate in the diagnosis of faults. Inspect and test completed work to ensure that it has been carried out in accordance with requirements and that equipment performs satisfactorily, prior to handing back to operating section.
- Draft work orders and obtain work permits, together with wiring plans and diagrams from Supervisor, review work and arrange for the necessary materials, tools and equipment to complete the task.
- Install, maintain or repair, on site or in the workshop, a variety of electronic and pneumatic instrumentation.
- Test and calibrate repaired electronic and pneumatic instruments. Run diagnostic programmes for the data acquisition system and the programmable logic controller to carry out software maintenance.
- Assist in projects execution For Forthcoming new projects being implemented, monitor construction & commissioning activities, As applicable with in other trades, and ensure that these activities are carried out in accordance with the work permits issued.
- Issue comprehensive daily activity reports outlining the cause of the fault, the nature of the work and the materials, Manpower and time taken to complete the task.
- Ensure that all tools and test equipment are kept in a clean and serviceable condition.
-Provide technical assistance and support as required, to the Operations Team during process shut down and start up
- To ensure adherence to HSE Standards and Guidelines in all areas of their work.
- Advise Supervisor of spare parts and materials requirements.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are conducted within Company standing instructions and procedures and good oil industry practice.
- Provide training and guidance to newly employed technicians including UAE National Developees to facilitate their assuming their positions in the company.
- Secondary education certificate followed by 3 years formal training in instruments and control systems trades.(Higher Diploma)
- 5 to 7 years™ experience in instruments and control systems maintenance, preferably in the oil and petrochemical industry, including 2 years in a Senior Technician position.
- Good working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office programs and MAXIMO or equivalent programs.
- Fluent in English language, both written and verbal with high communication.