The Staff Process Engineer shall be responsible for the design, review and verification of engineering on assigned projects to ensure safe, high quality, fit for purpose design in addition to providing consultancy services and studies to SABIC Affiliates. As a lead he shall ensure process engineering is aligned with all disciplines, executing the work within budget and on schedule whilst motivating and managing a team of engineers and designers and developing younger engineers.
H32Safety is always the first and the most important aspect all work related activities.
• Assure full compliance of Process Safety Design requirements for the project
• Local Regulations – incorporation of local regulatory requirements into the engineering design
• Sabic Engineering Standard (SES) – Review, update and development the SES
• ITB (Invitation to bid) Technical Part: Update ITB technical (Process part) template
• Concept Development Package (CDP) –– Review of CDP documents developed by others
Participation in workshops :
• Participate in VIP (Value Improvement Practices) workshops and processes
• Participate in Technical Assurance Audit
• Participate/Lead PHA activities such as HAZOP, SIL etc.
• Preparation of the project specific Process section Invitation To Bid (ITB) documents for mega projects.
• Technical bid clarification activities, face-to-face clarification meetings with bidders, technical evaluation reports, bidder ratings and other bidding cycle activities up to the award of contract.
• Design and develop PDP and FEED process packages • Review the following:
- EPC discipline documents and deliverables
- Basic & detailed engineering documents
- Process parts of the Process Design Package (PDP)
- Key documents such as PID's, PFD's, UFD's, Mass Balance etc.
• Act as Process Lead on small/medium size projects
• Lead Technical Assurance Audits of larger mega projects to ensure that SABIC standards, Local Regulations and project specifications and requirements are followed by the Contractor.
• Responsible for the following
- Review, development and approval of the project design, calculations, datasheets and drawings in line with the process engineering requirements of the E&PM Technical Authority Schedule.
- Delivery, cost, schedule, planning and progress reporting
• Estimating the required process engineering man-hours for a project
• Managing process engineer’s utilization and productivity • Ensure the timely completion of all studies, designs, specifications, drawings and other documentation for areas of responsibility assigned to him.
• Ensure no process related NCRs during project life
• Support SABIC Technology and Innovation (STC) for the review, evaluation and development of the new Technologies
• Provide a process engineering consultancy service to the Affiliates, Mega and Site Projects.
• Provide technical assistance to other departments and groups as necessary.
Waiver and Clarifications:
• Evaluate waivers and clarifications of SES within PE&S KPI Targets
• On an ongoing basis, examine current operational processes to identify and implement operational improvements that will positively impact upon service, safety, environmental and cost performance.
• Participation of Department initiatives such as SES updates…etc.
• Identify industry best practices, scrutinizing their feasibility, repeatability and benefits before formal implementation'
Contractor and Vendor evaluation:
• Evaluate contractor and vendor pre qualification within PE&S KPI Targets
As required, participate in evaluating client's plant performance and make appropriate recommendations.
Be responsible for the development of staff working under his control.Advise the Process Department Manager of deficiencies requiring training for correction. Transfer his technical skills to subordinates.