Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for a Static Equipment Engineer to strengthen our team in Dubai.
• Execute all Static Equipment Engineering activities and maintain technical integrity
• Deliver and support a strong HSE culture and work within budget and schedule limits
• Assist other disciplines to achieve their goals and support Management where required
• Participate in cost and schedule estimates and plan work in alignment with project schedule
• Monitor and report progress using ascribed system and drive innovative solutions to reduce cost and schedule
• Take full cognizance of Health, Safety and Environmental issues and liaise and interact with other disciplines to ensure overall project goals are met
• Advise management of variations in a timely manner and utilize suitable technology to increase efficiency
• Be fully conversant with Process safety and ensure its implementation within the Mechanical design
• Ensure all work reflects the context, and support the Senior Mechanical Engineer supervising younger engineers and graduates
• Ensure all deliverables are aligned with company and client procedures and national standards
• Ensure documents are originated, checked and approved by suitable competent personnel
• Keep up-to-date with latest procedures, client requirements and legislation
Skills / Qualifications
• Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering
• Conversant with relevant international standards and Codes or Practice
• Minimum of five years' static equipment design experience in onshore Oil and Gas projects, preferably Iraq based projects
• Previous experience in the Middle East is essential
• Member of a recognized institution and registered Professional Engineer / Chartered Engineer
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of around $10 billion. We provide performance driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in .
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.