• Describe the selection of food & beverage menu items to guests by offering interesting, and vivid descriptions of each item, origin, taste, and preparation methods; communicate guest orders including any special needs or requests to the kitchen; coordinate food timings; check completed kitchen orders with the guest s original order; transport items to the guest table in a timely manner to ensure proper food quality.
• Anticipate guest needs, ascertain satisfaction, and offer suggestions, and respond urgently and appropriately to guest concerns and requests.
• Breakdown, clean and set-up front and back bars as well as other back-of-house areas.
• Work harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and supervisors.
• Ability to work closely with stewarding & culinary teams and Housekeeping.
• Plate, prepare food & beverage items and serve as indicated in the Standards Training Manual.
• Assist with food & beverage service throughout hotel, guest rooms, meal periods, special events etc. Assist colleagues within the department to complete other duties (i.e. food running, clearing, cleaning, mise-en-place, polishing equipment etc)
• Operate tea/coffee making equipment at any time based on guest requests and BEO instructions.
• Store supplies.
• The ability to handle all monies and keep a bank float from the hotel.
• The ability to requisition, pick up, verify, and put away all requisitions for liquor, wine, beer, juices, soft drinks and food items used for the bar areas.
• The ability to offer guests of the outlet an enjoyable, expertly served beverage/dining experience conforming to Four Seasons standards of excellence for quality, professionalism and friendliness.
• Stock the bar areas with spirits, wine, beer, juices, soft drinks, glassware and condiments. Possess excellent working knowledge of all products served, inclusive of port, sherry, Armagnac, eau de vie, cognac, other digestifs and specialty mocktails/cocktails.
• Develop a complete working knowledge of the menu items and their ingredients and preparation.
• Check, maintain and recheck the bar/s during service.
• Utilize the hotel's point of sale system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
• Ensure proper pouring, mixing, blending, etc. of drinks.
• Change ashtrays, serve cigarettes/cigars, upsell shisha where available and wipe down bar area.
• Answer telephones according to Four Seasons' standards and take reservations or provide information regarding the lounge or any other hotel service.
• Recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests
Industry Type :
Hotels / Hospitality
Functional Area :
Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Front Desk