Set up wares for dining outlets and banquets, retrieve and wash soiled wares, transport supplies and food to service areas and assist the Kitchen with plating up of Banquet meals. Clean and maintain equipment in Dishwashing/Kitchen/Cafeteria/Compactor/Storage areas. Assist in washing pots, pans and other kitchen utensils/equipment.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
• Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended
• Anticipate guests needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
• Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated items, according to OSHA regulations.
• Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; report shortages to supervisor. Replenish as needed throughout the shift.
• Check the working condition of dishwashing machine in accordance with specifications; rectify any deficiencies.
• Fill the dishwashing machine with specified amounts of designated chemicals. Ensure the temperature level of each cycle is set to standard.
• Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares.
• Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled wares before placing them in the dishwashing machine.
• Position wares in designated racks correctly and send through dishwashing machine only when full.
• Clean only designated wares in the dishwashing machine.
• Remove washed wares from dishwashing machine and allow to air dry.
• Inspect the cleanliness and condition of all washed wares and rewash wares not meeting standards.
• Sort, stack and store cleaned wares in designated areas.
• Handle all wares carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
• Change dishwashing machine water/filters and refill as specified to ensure all wares are properly cleaned.
• Monitor usage of dishwashing machine and chemicals to maximize consumption of water and chemicals.
• Maintain cleanliness and working condition of garbage disposal.
• Breakdown and clean dishwashing machine and work areas.
• Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils and other kitchen equipment.
• Stock kitchen lines with designated cleaned wares, utensils and equipment.
• Clean spills in kitchen and work areas immediately.
• Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean various floor surfaces (brooms, mops, stripper, buffer, etc.).
• Transport mats to the loading dock and clean.
• Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets; remove trash, wipe down shelves/counters; clean floors; remove items which do not belong and place in correct areas.
• Transport garbage containers from Kitchen and work areas to Dumpster; empty and clean. Adhere to recycling regulations.
• Clean garbage compactor and area as assigned.
• Fill burnishing machine with specified amounts of water and designated chemicals.
• Follow schedule to burnish and paste polish specified silver wares.
• Remove excess food, debris and film from soiled silver before polishing.
• Paste polish designated wares.
• Load silver into burnishing machine, follow specifications and burnish.
• Burnish only designated wares in the machine.
• Breakdown and clean burnishing machine.
• Set up designated wares for Banquet functions and transport to function area.
• Set up equipment on buffet tables as directed for specified functions.
• Set up all Kitchen equipment and plate requirements.
• Retrieve designated amounts of bread/rolls, butter, milk, cream, dressings, cold appetizers and desserts and other food items from the kitchen and transport to Banquet service area.
• Prepare coffee as assigned, following specifications.
• Fill water glasses with ice and water.
• Assist the Banquet Chef with plating up hot Banquet meals.
• Stack plated meals in hot carts and transport to Banquet function area.
• Organize the breakdown area for drop off of dirty wares.
• Remove soiled wares from the Kitchen line and transport to the dishwashing station.
• Transport soiled wares from Banquet service area to dishwashing station and assist Dishwasher in breaking down all trays/carts.
• All other duties as required.
• Some previous experience in a similar position required
• High school diploma
• Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal; ability to provide legible communication and directions; basic arithmetic skills; ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; ability to prioritize, organize and followup; able to follow directions thoroughly; ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
• Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
• Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting goods, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
Licenses & Certifications:
• None required.
Contact: Recruitment Team
Job ID: 82249477