At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we ve got on property and off. When guests stay with us, it s not just a room with a bed that they re buying. It s an experience. We re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views. POSITION PURPOSE
To provide accurate and reliable assistance to the purchasing manager.nbspTo manage the stores and cost control processes at Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai.
• Responsible for the total stock held in the storeroom and for the accuracy of goods issued to various outlets
• Responsible for ensuring proper storage of merchandise, including sanitation, temperature, rotation considerations, the efficient operation of ADACO system and the proper upkeep of storage areas and equipment
• Responsible for managing storeroom PAR stocks
• Store goods immediately in appropriate area
• Never leave stock in corridor, or issue without appropriate paperwork being carried out
• Check all deliveries to ensure accuracy
• All ADACO procedures to be followed accurately
• Take responsibility for stock discrepancies that occur during the month and inform F&B Controller of any problems.
• Store stock in appropriate place or in area clear from obstruction or possible damage
• Check items upon delivery for possible damage (e.g. broken bottles)
• Ensure no unpacked items are left lying on the floor
• Adhere to hygiene regulations by immediately cleaning any spillage and frequently clean storeroom and fridges
• Adhere to Fire, Health & Safety Regulations and Departmental procedures with regard to these
• Ensure specified instructions for lifting or storing goods are adhered to in order to prevent injuries
• Ensure that the storeroom is safely locked and all electricity (heater, computer etc.) is switched off before leaving
• Keys to be signed in and out with Security
• Ensure full liaison with F&B Controller
• Key relationship with the managers and supervisors within the F&B outlets
• Liaison with other departments as required
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Must be proficient in English and the local language in writing speaking and negotiating. Must be pro-active and enjoy the tasks described above.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
• Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and own the guests;
• Identify yourself with the hotel s brand and operating philosophy;
• Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
• Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of internal and external customers;
• Are detail oriented and hands on;
• Are a team player with strong interpersonal skills;
• Have the potential to develop into a leader, motivate and develop self and other associates;
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
• Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
• Have knowledge of hotel computer systems and other IT related applications;
• Uphold ethical business practices.
High School degree required.
Experience in stock keeping and cost controlling procedures required.
PSYCHICAL CONDITION REQUIRED FOR YOUR ROLE
• This job often requires sitting behind a computer for extended periods of time;
• This job often requires standing or walking for extended periods of time;
• This job often requires bending, reaching or lifting;
• This job requires operating computers and computerized equipment.
• This job may require you to work on holidays and/ or weekends;
• This job may require you to work a shift other than a day shift, including first, second, and swing or overnight shift;
• This job often requires extended hours beyond a typical work week;
• This job requires you to conform to a conservative, formal grooming, attire and jewelry policy that will be monitored on a regular basis and may be addressed as seen fit by your manager;
• Sheraton Grand Hotel has a very strong commitment to safety and requires that you follow safety procedures closely;
• Our hotel has a no-tolerance policy regarding unlawful discrimination and harassment, and requires that you follow our anti-discrimination and anti-harassment policies.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.