Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA), this position is a key leadership and management role within the Division of Academic Affairs. The incumbent will have division-wide responsibilities which includes Graduate Education, Academic Affairs, Library and the Winter Enrichment Program.
The Project Director/Initiatives Manager is expected to understand the strategic direction of the University and act as an organizational expert for a range of strategic initiatives led by the VPAA ensuring alignment between these initiatives and and University s priorities -. These initiatives will primarily focus on the enhancement of student learning and implementation/delivery of educational programs with entrepreneurship and professional graduate educational programs in the three Divisions. The incumbent will maintain knowledge of emerging trends and utilize this knowledge to educate Academic Affairs division on opportunities to develop strategic initiatives that support and drive business results. The new role requires planning skills and business process excellence to analyze and address process and financial inefficiencies through process redesign. The role will operate at the strategic level to create an integrated approach to new learning and implementing initiatives aiming at lasting impact across the University.
This role will facilitate and provide strategic direction when partnering with the three Divisions and Innovation and Economic Development, ensuring effective engagement with all partners to deliver a positive impact for our students.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to -
• Work closely with the VPAA and Executive Faculty which includes Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Directors ensuring strong alignment of our engagement with faculty and economic development to develop and implement strategies through the leadership of project teams.
• Work in collaboration with teams across departments, fostering strong and effective working relationships across our University.
• Through significant experience of leading a business operation at a senior level, bring vision, impact and credibility to the role through your strong communication skills, ability to establish and nurture partnerships, focus on delivery and take immediate action when agreed deliverables are not being met.
• G ather data and intelligence to contribute to strategic business and planning decisions with leadearship
• Develop, direct, implement, and execute business process excellence and process improvement initiatives, including process mapping and process design
• Creates or suggests innovative processes and solutions in anticipation of trends. Activities may cover innovation in services offered to students or other stakeholders as well as innovation in internal processes.
• Introduces disruptive ideas to the Academic Affairs operations and defines how this ideas might influence interactions with students, their adoption and perception internally and externally
• Oversees the strategy and culture required for employees to experiment with the right resources at the right level. Responsibilities may include collecting and testing ideas within company, assessing and prioritizing opportunities in line with business strategy.Develop (in collaboration with VPAA) a five-year strategic plan, aligned with the University Strategy in achieving the growth of students, ensuring staff and financial resource requirements are fully understood.
• A problem solver, negotiator and decision maker with the leadership skills to work with people from Executive team, Directors to Staff to make sure they plan and deliver.
• Responsible for collaborating with diverse teams in order to identify opportunities for improvement, prioritization of opportunities, financial implications of opportunities, and develop planning/projections models that meet both best practice and organizational goals.
• Develop plans and direct, activities of designated projects to ensure that the goals and objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed timeframe, and financial targets.
The role will be focused on managing projects of the largest scope and impact and activities of multiple project teams which include staff from other organizations and processes.
• Possessing strong leadership skills and experience, you will have a successful track record of developing and delivering effective higher education projects, as well as having significant experience of strategic business planning.
• Comprehensive understanding of the complex issues and demands facing the Higher Education sector.
• A strong analytical ability and understanding of business models and drivers of success ; the ability to analyze and systematically evaluate projects; proficiency with financial modelling and experience of and confidence in working with high performance teams and multiple stakeholders across the University.
• Have a proven track record in successfully developing, leading and inspiring teams, with evidence of managing people, budgets and resources.
• Have comprehensive and specialized knowledge of specific business groups, should have sound higher education knowledge and proven expertise in driving transformational changes.
• Have the ability to lead and manage complex projects, demonstrates excellent organizational skills as
• well as strong analytical and problem solving skills, and can work independently with minimal supervision.
• Interact with multiple layers of the organization with demonstrated success initiating change and the ability to influence at all levels.
• Master s Degree
• Professional accredited qualification (Business Administration)
• Minimum 10 Years working experience in Higher Education (management level)