It should explain why this job is needed and its unique contribution to the business)
To provide structural engineering support and guidance in the application of structural engineering principles, methods, and techniques and coordinate and assist the vendors through project life cycle to ensure timeliness, quality and consistency of such work and adherence to the client requirements and contract specifications.
(Please list the main areas (ideally 8-12 accountabilities) in which this job must get end results in order to achieve its purpose e.g. (verb) +(what) + to + (why). Also refer to guidance on some generic accountabilities for each grade)
• Provide technical support to Project Managers and Design Managers as required.
• Monitor the technical performance of Design Consultant(s) on the assigned projects.
• Attend project related meeting as required and outlined in this document.
• Carry out Design Reviews as required throughout the design stages.
• Provide support to the Senior Design Manager as necessary. • Participate in special committees (e.g. tender evaluation, construction handover, etc...).
• Work as part of team, delivering own tasks in line with deadlines and standards and supporting others to achieve their goals
• Provide input and assist technical functions.
• Coordinate with architects and building services engineers, and other structural engineers.
• Remain informed with issues affecting other related disciplines.
• Communicate design issues clearly and effectively.
• Carry out design checks on the work of other engineers and report upwards.
• Report upwards on any changes made during construction.
• Comply with the established EHSMS procedures of which they have been informed, instructed and trained.
• Actively participate along with the management towards implementation of EHSMS requirements.
• Report to the respective manager or supervisor about any potentially unsafe act or condition, which may cause EHS impacts.
• Report all EHS incidents to the respective line manager.