Will administer subcontracts for various Vectrus Programs within the Middle East region which may involve both foreign and domestic subcontractors. This position will execute and administer various types of Subcontracts and Purchase Orders (POs) through close-out, ensuring compliance with corporate policies and procedures, legal guidelines, FAR/DFARS clauses, and customer requirements. Work on complex subcontract matters in both domestic and contingency locations and provides Program Management with contractual guidance while exercising sound ethical and professional judgment within a broadly defined best practice and written policy structure. Responsible for protecting the legal and financial interest of Vectrus Systems Corporation during all discussions and interactions with customers and suppliers. Drafts Request for Proposals, develops source selection criteria, analyzes cost/price data to determine price reasonableness, leads negotiation efforts with subcontractors, and reviews and interprets clauses, formal amendments, agreements and legal documents. Supports all internal and external audits, and provides program support to both internal and external customers. Operates under the functional guidance of Supply Chain organization and Corporate Purchasing Manual, while coordinating closely with other functional departments.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1) Performs a full range of subcontract activities associated with the administration of subcontracts.
2) Qualifies suppliers, issues RFP’s, evaluates proposals, documents cost and/or price analysis, executes subcontracts incorporating clauses, terms and conditions, technical specifications, statements of work and other certification and representations, and maintains compliant subcontract files in accordance with established procedures and FAR guidelines.
3) Monitors subcontractor performance to ensure that all contract terms and conditions are met while adhering to cost/schedule and mission requirements.
4) Documents subcontractor performance using the Vectrus Subcontract Past Performance Rating System – SPPRS.
5 Uses judgment to interpret internal and external issues and develop best practices.
6) Makes recommendations to management on subcontract issues, and execution of subcontract documents.
7) Drives innovation in acquisition strategy for responsible programs/subcontracts
8) Owns the subcontract content for responsible programs
9) Assists in coordination with other functional areas on matters related to Subcontracting; prepares responses as necessary to customer correspondence and other requests.
10) Awards subcontract total value, authorizes funding, reviews and validates subcontractor invoices for payment monitor’s balance.
11) Uses specialized knowledge to solve complex and unique problems.
12) Provides subcontract support to the Business Development/Capture Team.
13) Performs other duties assigned.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Computer, printer, calculator, phone, copy/scan/fax machine and other general office equipment. Frequent use of Microsoft Office applications, CLM, Infinium, On-Base, Maximo, STARS (potentially) and SharePoint.
Works in a general office environment. Eyestrain and repetitive motion involved during peak periods of data entry.
May be required to travel on Temporary Assignments to Programs both CONUS/OCONUS in support of program and mission requirements.