Overall responsible for the Steam Cracker and Polymer Laboratories. Ensures that laboratory manpower, equipments, facilities, materials, methods and procedures are ready to support commissioning and performance test runs of the new SC and Polymer plants, and leads the continuous improvement post-commissioning and all the way through normal operations.
• Manage the commissioning of Polymer Lab, coordinating with project team, contractors, equipment vendors
• Oversee commissioning of the SC Lab, through the SC Lab Team Leader
• Establish and ensure the implementation of Polymer product quality control strategy and analytical system
• Lead in developing the sampling plan, analytical methods, and work flow practices for Polymer Lab
• Establish and ensure implementation of quality and safety procedures in SC and Polymer Lab
• Lead the risk assessment and continuous improvement programs in both SC and Polymer Lab
• Lead resolution of product quality issues or HSE related incidents in Polymer Lab and issue report and recommendation for remedy and correction
• Lead coordination with stakeholders regarding product quality, during plant performance test run and optimization
• Approve product quality certificates for Polymer plants
• Direct the SC and Polymer lab personnel to achieve the department goals and objectives
• Ensure implementation of the Individual Development Plan of SC and Polymer Lab personnel
• Propose, manage, and control SC and Polymer Lab budget
• Carries out the department strategy as implemented by the department manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS :
• Minimum Qualifications for this position is Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with at least 12 years working experience in Polymer Laboratory, with minimum 5 years in supervisory role.
• Experience in managing the quality control for Polypropylene (Photopolymer, Random Polymer, copolymer) and Polyethylene (HDPE and LLDPE) plants.
• Experience in Product characterization and product improvement methodology and strategies.
• Experience in Steam Cracker or Hydrocarbon Lab an advantage
• Experience in laboratory start-up and commissioning in oil and gas or petrochemical plants
• Knowledge in PP and PE technology, raw materials, and products, gained through actual experience from a Univation PE plant and a Lyondell-Basell PP plant.
• Familiar with test methods and laboratory equipments for PP and PE quality control and application testing
• Possess leadership skills, and a good teamplayer
• Knowledgeable in quality management principles and statistical quality control
• Knowledge in the use of LIMS (particularly Labware) and SAP applications for data management and Equipment breakdown history.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication, technical writing and presentation skills.
• Decisive, forward thinker, proactive, resourceful and strong self-initiative to handle new work processes.
• Promoter of learning culture and staff development and familiar with different training programs and developmental opportunities.
• Demonstrate Quality management skill and Time management skill.
• Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills and meticulous with data accuracy and precision.
• Knowledgeable of Lab safety standards, HSE protocol, oil and gas plant safety rules and regulation.
• Prime-mover in improving work processes and procedures within the department.
• Skilled and very capable to handle operation and troubleshooting of Gas chromatographs, Spectroscopy, Elemental analyzers, Petroleum analyzers, Polymer analyzers
• Familiar with critical equipment spare parts and consumables and ability to promote inventory thru LIMS.
• Organize frequent brainstorming sessions and has extensive experience in dealing with RCA methodologies.
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas: Refining, Storage, Marketing, Distribution
Functional Area :