Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Responsible for developing and implementing the supplier strategy for sourcing products and services for the Chemicals Commodity. Strategically, the role requires driving and developing comprehensive plans for establishing synergy and supporting strategic tenders through strong technical/market expertise
• Implements global sourcing strategies and initiatives to help improve the supply base.
• Supplier qualification - Drive the supplier qualification process, ensures the supply base is, and remains fully qualified and compliant. Schedules, monitors and approves supplier part, material and service qualification activities, Supplier Product Qualification Process, capacity analysis, and verification in accordance with BHGE project timing and milestones
• Coordinate efforts from engineering and quality resources from different plants
• Supplier assessment & Supplier audit: Plans and conducts supplier assessments, reporting findings and opportunities for improvement and verifies effective closure of assessment findings
• Supplier development: Develop and support suppliers to achieve ongoing conformance with BHGE requirements and focusses on continuous improvement in quality
• Supplier performance monitoring: Monitors and reports supplier performance (KPIs), quality issues, and development actions, Performance Evaluation (SPE), On Time Delivery (OTD) and quality KPIs
• Collaborating with key business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
• Supporting Supplier Quality Program, ensuring supplier compliance with FDA, EHS, transportation and other regulatory and reputation requirements.
• Partner with other Engineering, Quality and Strategic Sourcing managers in the respective product lines to ensure alignment and sharing of best practices; disseminate best practices to category team and drive continuous learning
Desired Candidate Profile
• Bachelor s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management
• Proficient in Oil Field Chemicals
• Able to lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Able to liaise with peers and senior leaders both within and across business units
• Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills
• Comfortable making presentations to senior leadership
• Proficient in financial, quantitative, and analytical skills
• Possesses strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills; track record capturing value and savings
• Strong project and internal relationship management skills, including stakeholder, timeline, and meeting management
• A flexible, dynamic, self-demanding and proactive individual; able to motivate him/herself and others
• Background in Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing and/or Materials Management especially in chemicals
• Oil & Gas industry experience
• Experience in Oilfield Chemicals Sourcing
• Previous experience in a Regional position
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more