Developing, implementing and managing cross-functional, fully integrated materials planning process that incorporates make versus buy, capacity planning, scheduling, inventory, material, and associated cost elements.
• Overseeing Placement of purchase orders to fulfill determined demand and for regular replenishment.
• Identifying, developing and managing effective relationships with existing and potential suppliers of goods and services to meet the established cost, quality, and delivery targets.
• Managing inventories at multiple warehouses ensuring the right material is in the right location at the right time.
• Establishing, implementing, and managing systems to evaluate monitor and report supplier scorecard performance.
• Initiating projects/reports that contribute to continuous improvement.
• Effectively controlling the flow of materials from various suppliers to both Branches & warehouse.
• Forecasting the demand and initiate the purchases of products after analyzing all requirements.
• Responsible for forecast accuracy and communicating sales forecasts with suppliers.
• Monitoring Key Performance Indicators and take action as required to ensure targets are being exceeded.
• Adhering to established company policies, procedures, terms and conditions and legal matters that affect purchasing policies.
• Responsible for accuracy of inventory counts by implementing and managing, in conjunction with Finance, an inventory control system, capable of identifying discrepancies in inventory counts and taking corrective action to guard against inconsistencies in the future.
• Achieving financial objectives by working with the management group to prepare the materials budget, schedule expenditures, analyze variances and initiate corrective actions.
• Keeping ahead of developments in materials management by reading relevant journals, going to conferences and attending courses.
More than 10 years