OVERVIEW: Technical Support Consultant / Systems Engineer / Implementation Consultant / Support Engineer (IP / Data Networking/Server 2012 or Linux) to provide pre and post-installation technical support and manage on-site customer installations of all server-based digital radio systems & console products.
LOCATION:- Dubai, UAE
SALARY: Negotiable depending on competency and circumstances plus excellent corporate benefits package including pension, health, income protection and much more!
For over 30 years, my client has been providing mission-critical communications solutions to public safety, transportation and utilities. They design, develop and manufacture and implement a wide spectrum of communication equipment including radio dispatch consoles, emergency call taking telephone systems, paging infrastructure and custom solutions. My client has installed thousands of systems and deployed over 20,000 console operator positions worldwide.
THE TECHNICAL SUPPORT & SYSTEMS ENGINEER ROLE:-
Due to ongoing expansion and market demand, my client has a fantastic opportunity for a proven Support Engineer to provide pre and post installation technical support, Windows Server 2012 configuration and set-up and to manage on-site installations for channel partners and customers primarily on all company telephony/digital radio/console products.
Additional role duties beyond the aforementioned include;
- Investigate, diagnose, report and provide solutions to customer problems and/or escalates issues to management/ engineering as required
- Carry out customer acceptance testing, including system build and test, documentation of test plans and results, recording of as-built configurations and customer training
- Organize and maintain accurate and up-to-date project and QMS records and files
- Investigate and repair returned products, including initial review/diagnosis, repair etc
- Maintain accurate and timely records of customer support activities, actions and commitments on the Customer Support system
- Travel both internationally and domestically as required in performance of duties
- Participate in an On Call€ support programme (shared on a rota with 5 other Support Consultants!)
- You MUST have a strong IP / Data networking background as all systems are server based and many virtualised.
- You MUST have experience of configuring and installing Windows Server 2012 if not then you will have similar experience with Linux.
- You will be at an advantage if you have experience of telephony/radio systems/RF exposure but this isn't essential!
- Capable of conducting technical product demonstrations and presentations to customers, business partners and resellers in various settings, including customer sites, trade shows, etc
- You will ideally have worked in a mission critical environment or similar "pressured" environment
- HNC/Degree qualified
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately.
- Good listening and problem-solving skills with ability to determine solutions to, and answer questions related to, moderately complex technical problems or issues.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with high level of initiative and self-motivation
WHAT'S ON OFFER:-
Along with the chance to work with a growing global market leader which offers excellent training & continuing professional development, my client offers;
* a highly competitive salary, and a benefits package including private medical insurance, contributory pension, life assurance and much more!
* There are also REAL chances for rapid career progression for the right candidate
IF you are a strong match to the specific requirements for this role then please apply with a CV as soon as possible.
Keywords; Implementation, application support, consultant, LTE, Windows Server, Systems Engineer, PMR, DMR, Private Mobile Radio, Digital, Communications, Wireless, TETRA, Integrated Command and Control systems, ICCS, IP, telephony, network, networks, support, application, pre-sales, pre sales, presales, post
Industry Type :
IT - Software Services
Functional Area :