Candidate shall be assigned to an integrated sustainability team for projects within the Middle East and Europe.
Alpin Limited is a multidisciplinary sustainable cleantech consultancy based in Masdar City, Abu Dhabi.
The local team is composed of a diverse range of experts who lead their respective fields, including LEED APs, PQPs, official Estidama trainers, commissioning authorities (CxA), construction managers, MBAs, and building physics PhDs. We also have commissioning authorities and consultants based in Munich, London, New York City, and other prominent global locations.
Our current projects include: The Abu Dhabi midfield Terminal Building, The Msheireb urban redevelopment project, Johnson Controls Research Center, SKMC Dialysis Center, Sowwah Square Abu Dhabi and several other high profile projects in the EU and GCC.
Reports Directly to:
Head of Sustainability and/or Sustainability Consultant
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Member of Sustainability team;
• Development of reports;
• Support in development of Presentations;
• Understand and implement the principles of project management (scheduling, resource leveling, effective meetings, client relations);
• Site and Office Based Consultancy;
• Support in the green building design and LEED/Estidama/QSAS documentation process as well as project specifications, calculations, plans and submittals for LEED/Estidama/QSAS compliance;
• Coordinate with/support contractors including MEP and civil engineers;
• Conduct product and technology research related to sustainability;
• Personal development and plan to develop skills necessary to become a full member of the Alpin team
HSE Roles, Responsibilities and Accountability:
• In addition to your responsibility towards following ALPIN s Integrated Management System, familiarize yourself with ALPIN s Environmental Impact Assessment and contribute towards minimizing their individual environmental impact in the course of their work.
• Act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon your work and the Company s Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policies. Familiarize yourself with the Company s Integrated Management System s policies and procedures
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with both clients and consultants;
• Working Knowledge of MEP, Construction Management and Design;
• Knowledge of current sustainability standards: LEED, QSAS, or Estidama;
• Working towards at least one of the accreditations: LEED GA or AP, Estidama, Green Star or BREEAM;
• Fluent written & spoken English;
• Bachelor s Degree (or close to completion of one) in related discipline (Environmental, Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture);
• Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast‐paced environment;
• Ability to self‐manage;
• Strong communication skills (Written, electronic & spoken)
• Hands‐on engineering and project management skills (PMP);
• Arabic language would is a plus (not required);
• UAE Driver s license & personal mode of transportation;
The successful applicant will gain the following learning outcomes form this position:
• Deepening of awareness in local, regional and global environmental issues, and the role that the construction sector plays in contributing to these issues;
• Hands on experience of both design and construction projects;
• Development of analytical and research skills;
• Experience of the dynamics of a fast‐paced consultancy environment;
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :