• This is a critical role as part of our strategic plan for spearheading the growth of the Sustainability Division in the MENA region and providing assistance with the delivery of our projects, liaising with clients and identifying future opportunities.
What this job involves
• Develop energy management & sustainability strategy for clients real estate portfolios, then implement programs to achieve savings goals and targets by specified timelines.
• Conduct ASHRAE level 1 and 2 energy audits
• Analyze energy and water consumption metrics to identify savings opportunities
• Lead identification and prioritization of energy capital projects, operational changes and physical plant upgrades that result in reduced energy consumption. This may include HVAC, lighting, building envelope, demand response and controls, plug loads, distributed generation (Solar, fuel cells), employee engagement, and evaluating new technologies and services.
• Evaluate financial viability of projects for budget and approval
• Establish and monitor utilities budgets, oversee bill payment and data management processes.
• Provide forecasts of utility expenses throughout the portfolio.
• Leverage financial levers such as utility company rebates, programs, and relationships to enhance project viability
• Facilitate energy procurement processes on regular intervals.
• Acts as primary energy contact with client(s)
• Report clear and concise metrics on various energy and sustainability activities (cost savings, CO2, water, etc), and achievements on prescribed intervals or as requested by client. Communicate plans and progress to all levels of staff through presentations and meetings. Utilize internal and third-party sustainability data management platforms for reporting. Ensure data integrity and establish data management processes.
• Provide easy-to-understand presentations of findings and recommendations
• Advise, coach, and support building staff (facility managers, engineers, technicians) in identifying, scoping, and implementing energy efficiency improvements
• Collaborate with other Jones Lang LaSalle energy and sustainability managers to share and learn best practices and publish case studies of successful initiatives. Leverage JLL experts in renewable energy, energy supply procurement, and building intelligence tools to meet client goals.
• Continually monitor industry trends, evaluate new products and services for potential, and participate in industry working groups. Oversee pilot tests of cutting-edge energy and sustainability solutions.
• Establish a positive rapport with both JLL and client staff and management to ensure a high level of customer service.
• Support water saving programs and recycling programs as requested
• Manage and deliver green building certification projects, in particular LEED and WELL as required.
• Develop and implement sustainability program for corporate clients.
• Review technical documents from energy efficiency and sustainability perspective and develop solutions for improving performance.
• Manage vendors and partners on projects. Review vendor reports and oversee onsite works to ensure on time and quality delivery.
• Draft proposals for green building consultancy, energy management and other sustainability services as required.
• Support business development and marketing activities associated with sustainability across region.
Every day is different, and in all these activities, we d encourage you to show your ingenuity.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be / have:
• BS in engineering (electrical, environment, mechanical, civil, industrial) or equivalent work experience
• 5+ yrs experience in energy and sustainability
• Knowledge of sustainability and energy principles and concepts, particularly related to the built environment
• Working knowledge of HVAC, electrical, mechanical, building automation systems across a variety of building types including commercial offices and datacenters.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• MS Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• CEM, PE, LEED AP preferred
What you can expect from us
You ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.