Design & Develop DGO Sustainability Policy aligned with ENOC framework
1. Designs and develops DGO sustainability policy, strategy, manuals, guidelines and codes of practice in line with ENOC sustainability framework; as well as secures and leverages senior management commitment and support for integrating sustainable performance aspects and elements into its core processes and decision-making.
2. Establishes and implements systems in DGO to identify sustainability KPIs, collect, validate and report sustainability data and KPIs to ENOC. Analyse and evaluate the impacts of DGO processes by ENOC sustainability goals and objectives through a thorough gap analysis and develop objectives and targets to close the identified gaps. In addition, reviews the DGO operations and sustainability programs (Social, Environmental and Economic) in place to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and goals and whether the operations or programs are carried out as planned.
3. Evaluates DGO's sustainability initiatives qualitatively and quantitatively, communicates outcome of sustainability initiatives among regulators, vendors and clients and publically shares DGO sustainability efforts and continually improves DGO's sustainability efforts based on stakeholder's feedback as aligned with ENOC's sustainability framework.
4. Establishes an internal Sustainability Committee that will help identify responsibilities and requirements of data collection and reporting. Oversees and defines the scope and short and long term objectives of the Committee. Makes recommendations on the appointment of the Committee members, defines duties and assigns the Committee accountabilities. In addition, acts as permanent member of the ENOC Sustainability Committee, representing DGO.
5. Develops a methodology to identify the relevant stakeholders of DGO relevant to sustainability performance. Maintains an inclusive approach to DGO stakeholder relationships in order to reflect their aspirations and needs in DGO business activities and collaborates with DGO and ENOC internal stakeholders to develop a coordinated sustainability plan and builds sustainability principles into short and long-range business planning, capital planning and operations planning. In addition, develops and supports relevant departments to implement a strong and effective stakeholder engagement process (internal and external stakeholders) and utilize the results of such engagement as an input for annual sustainability performance review.
6. Collects and reports GRI-based key performance indicators (KPIs) which are material for DGO and ENOC and produce standard guidelines and formats to provide reliable inputs for ENOC's annual sustainability performance report.
7. Conducts sustainability compliance and integrated management system audits to minimise risks to the business. Also provides assistance to implement such management systems that support development of appropriate and well-structured programs on environmental protection, energy conservation and efficiency improvement, labour conditions, occupational health and safety and social accountability.
8. Conducts certain sustainability services such as studies, reviews and assessments, GHG accounting, green building, carbon reduction strategies, clean development mechanism, carbon finance, etc. Moreover, reviews, comments and approves all sustainability related scopes of work and consultants/third parties which are engaged by DGO and used for projects to ensure that they are in line with DGO and ENOC corporate policies/standards/guidelines and approved codes of practice in addition to the local rules and regulations. In addition, develops criteria for evaluating DGO on sustainability performance.
9. Designs, develops and conducts technical and awareness training programs for DGO staff and external interested parties. In addition, identifies and trains sustainability champions across DGO to report all the elements required to produce the sustainability report.
10. Reviews and approves environmental, energy and resource conservation, CSR campaigns and any other campaigns related to sustainability elements to promote and enhance an environmentally friendly culture in the organization.
11. Performs forecasting and cost/benefit analysis to enable DGO and ENOC's management to make informed decisions that focus on optimizing social and environmental impacts of sustainability program initiatives.
12. Benchmarks DGO's sustainability performance measured by sustainability KPIs against best practices (local, regional and international), identify gaps in performance and develop action plans to improve the sustainability performance of DGO in line with ENOC's sustainability framework.
Minimum Education Level Required
Bachelor degree in Chemical Engineering or Energy Engineering (with Bachelors in related Engineering fields considered with commensurate experience).
Certificate: Certified lead auditor for ISO 50001, ISO14001, UNEP Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) on climate change: risks and opportunities for the finance sector and preferably at least 1 year experience in CSR, energy and environmental management.
The minimum years of experience required
(All qualification listed Must be job related)
Minimum 10 years post qualification experience of which five years minimum of energy and environment management in oil (upstream), petrochemical or chemical industry (preferably in exploration and production).
The amount of supervision required to job holder employee (How and to what extent, is the employee's work checked?)
Level 3 - General Direction
Operates independently under broad guidelines. Incumbents have broad responsibility for planning, organizing and prioritizing work. Active control by the supervisor is only exercised on longer term goals and policy issues. This is the typical supervision level for middle managers and high level professionals.
The analytical skill required (What is the complexity or standardization of the tasks which are performed?)
Level 3 - Analytic
Duties and tasks are varied and complex.Work is analytic, nonstandardized, requiring independent judgment to identify, select and apply the most appropriate course of action among available options.
Experience in clean development mechanism, green buildings, carbon finance, GHG accounting, energy and environmental management, corporate social responsibility (CSR), life cycle assessments, and sustainability reporting and carbon reduction strategies.
Analytical and research skills, including data analysis and investigative analytical skills and ability to research and present key information in a clear and concise way.