• Post-graduate degree in humanitarian and/or development studies, social sciences, political sciences or similar field
• Substantial experience in a senior management position in an overseas NGO environment, ideally in both emergency and developmental contexts;
• Previous experience in strategy development
• Experience in leading program development across multiple bases, multi-sector with multiple donors, preferably with knowledge of using contextual understanding and evidence to strategically guide the mission s development with regards to programs;
• Experience of managing large teams in multiple locations with various challenges;
• Experience of budget management;
• Experience of establishing strong working relationships with colleagues from different functions and cultures;
• Experience in Donor relations (ECHO, OFDA, UN, CDCS, EuropeAid; others desirable in view of donors portfolio diversification (GAC, DFID )
• Previous experience in Middle East highly desirable
• Previous experience with SI is an asset.
Technical skills and knowledge :
• Extensive knowledge about project cycle management and monitoring tools;
• Extensive knowledge of humanitarian programming, in emergency and development context
• An ability to reflect on and learn from own performance and the performance of the program; and to act upon that learning;
• An ability to analyze information quickly and accurately;
• Good problem solving skills in day to day and crisis situations;
• A flexible approach to managing and prioritizing a high workload and multiple tasks with tight deadlines;
• Confident and proficient in the use of MS Office, Excel;
• Extensive report writing skills in English;
• Capacity to deal with many different issues, programs, sectors, to self- update and learn very quickly from a highly and constantly evolving environment;
• Strong representation / public relation skills.
Soft skills and spirit :
• Highly diplomatic with excellent political awareness and understanding
• Demonstrate personal and professional integrity in all interactions
• Highly sensitive to a Humanitarian needs-based programming approach
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Be prepared to travel to implementation sites and regional, global meetings as required
• Fluent English with excellent writing capacities is mandatory
• Arabic will be an asset
SI will offer you
Solidarit s International will offer you a salaried position including 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly and a monthly per diem of 750 USD a month. Please note that salary is not negotiable with SI.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of on 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3/6 and 9 month (with 850 USD allocated by SI).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of 1 additional rest day per month worked (i.e. 12 days in addition for a 1-year contract)
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about Solidarit s International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
Living conditions :
Security inside NES is volatile and justifies specific arrangements for accommodation and displacements in the areas of intervention. Adherence to strict security procedures is necessary, while the security levels can vary according to the different geographical locations and the changes of context.
Accommodation will be in SI guesthouses, which are spacious and very comfortable.
In Erbil, security situation is stable (no curfew), with possibilities to socialize due to the presence of other INGOS and places to socialize (bars, restaurants, etc).