• Job number: SRH03670
• Type de poste: Overseas missions
• Domaine de competence: Logistics
• Statut: Salari
• Contract Type: Short term contract
• Country: Syria
About the mission ...
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months
SI has been working in Syria since 2012 and currently has strong coverage for WASH, FSL and NFI programs across North West (NWS) and North East Syria (NES). The NES programs provide an integrated assistance in the WASH, NFI, Shelter and Livelihoods sectors to displaced populations and host communities affected by the conflict. NWS programs are remotely managed and provide WASH and NFI/Winterization support to affected populations. Since 2016, SI has been partnering with a local health partner to develop and strengthen a WASH-and-Health integrated approach, and is currently developing the streamlining of Protection within its existing programs.
The mission is expanding through a major consortium with 4 partners led by SI, which started in October 2018. The LEARN consortium funded by OFDA ( Linking Assistance and Relief in Northeast Syria ) supports equitable and safe access to essential basic services including WASH, Shelter and Health, for the most vulnerable populations affected by conflict and displacement in Northeast Syria.
The Syria mission counts about 340 national staff, more than 60 expatriates, and has a 20 million USD budget for 2019.
About the job
SI is looking for a Logistician, based in Erbil and overseeing the logistics arrangements for the expatriates dedicated to Northeast Syria operations and currently based in Erbil.
Recent contextual developments in NES have led SI to relocate its expatriates to Erbil. We are thus seeking for a dedicated Logistician to undertake and supervise all logistics activities at Erbil level, which include procurement, transport and shipments, premises management, fleet management, staff supervision and assets management tasks.
Working in close collaboration with the Erbil Administrator, the Logistician is line-managed by the Area Coordinator for Northeast Syria and functionally supported by the Country Office Supply and Logistics Coordinators.
• Provide robust logistics support to Erbil based staff in training, guidance and standard operating procedures as set by the mission.
• Ensure logistics processes and procedures are in compliance with set SI policies, donors guidelines and national regulations.
• Define the needs of the logistics personnel, recruit, train, and support them according to the resources allocated.
Specific stakes and challenges:
• Position dedicated to NES expatriate support: many managers to interact with
• Strong interaction with operational bases to organize the local procurements, supply chain and shipments, premises and accommodational needs, transport and movements planning
Priorities for the 2/3 first months :
• Establish the Logistics section in Erbil for the provision of continuous support to NES bases
• Recruit, train and build the capacity of the Erbil Logistics team, set the priorities and action plan
• Support the new mission set-up with remote management modality of intervention
• Support the archiving policy and process at Erbil level