We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks for several projects in Nigeria.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Working knowledge of LAN and WAN topologies and architecture.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft server, Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft email systems.
- Working knowledge of Server and PC operating systems - such as Windows 2008 and 2012, PC operating systems such as Windows 7 and 8.
- Strong working knowledge of monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Strong working knowledge of configuring and maintaining VMware and virtual environments.
- Experience in configuring and running Microsoft DHCP and DNS services.
- Must have a working knowledge of IP Telephony.
- Working knowledge PC hardware and components including processors, mother boards, accessories, cards, peripherals.
- Working knowledge of PC/LAN application software including word processing (MS Word), spreadsheets (MS Excel) and E-Mail (MS Outlook).
- Strong working knowledge of managing multiple linked databases to include security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and development of bulk data import/export procedures.
- Develop effective working relationships with customers, co-workers and administration.
- Ability to make contacts with other departments, requiring tact and judgment to avoid friction; frequent contacts with administrators on matters requiring explanations and discussions; frequent contacts involving the carrying out of programs and schedules; regular and frequent outside contact with persons of high rank requiring tact and judgment; requires well developed sense of strategy and timing.
- Ability to interface with technical and engineering personnel in order to discuss technical issues pertaining to problems, purchases or technical specifications.
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Applicant must have a good English skills.