For the position of System T&C Engineer we are looking for a very skilled, experienced and motivated T&C resource in order to face a very challenging project schedule for Route 2020 extension project. The T&C System Engineer will be based in Dubai in office with a limited time frame support for T&C design phases, and later fully involved on site for T&C activities during the crucial T&C phases of project execution. Direct reporting will be to Project T&C Manager according T&C Project Organization.
Network and relationship on the Project Organization will be 80% directly interface with Alstom Project Management and relevant sub-system T&C managers/engineers, 20% external interface with Consortium partners, project consultant, existing metro network Operator Company and Alstom subcontractor in charge of installation and commissioning of sub-system T&C activities.
Performance evaluation will based on company KPI indicators, according to personal performance objective and annual targets assigned by Project Management. The KPIs include, but not limited to, T&C schedule on time execution, T&C targets and adherence to HS&E local and company standards. Contract duration is initially 2 years based in Dubai with limited business trips as required for T&C.
• Verifies that test procedures are fully compliant to system design in order to achieve the contractual requirements.
• Occasionally he will produces sub-system T&C test procedures.
• Plan and coordinate the site activities of T&C resources and subcontractor involved.
• Coordinate the necessary means for the realisation of the systems tests, being understood that each participating (either Alstom, partner or subcontractor). Make sure and provides T&C staff with necessary tools, compliance with T&C quality requirements.
• Organises the readiness reviews of the participating units, which are a mandatory and preliminary for systems test execution and integration tests.
• Create and manage action plans assigned in order to implement any corrective action either for system or sub-system malfunction, aiming to reach the necessary design system requirements. Follow-up the corrective actions mandatory prior the systems tests start.
• Manages the system or sub-system hardware/software configuration are compliant with T&C test phases execution on site and Quality Plan.
• Maintain and develop level of expertise of T&C team, by also promoting necessary action for training within T&C team.
• Lead and motivate T&C resources assigned, promote enthusiasm, team spirit, team work within T&C team and project organization.
SKILLS & EDUCATION
• Advanced University Engineering Degree, extensive experience at least 5 8 years on similar position on railway/metro project environment.
• Knowledge of system and sub-system railway/metro signaling application, engineering practice for test and commissioning, knowledge of common hardware/software tools adopted during T&C test execution, verification and validation acceptance processes on signaling system, wayside and rolling stock as well.
• Good communication and management skills, lead and motivate his direct team, acting as key player within team organization. Maintain and develop his own level of expertise and resources assigned. Make sure that all resources are fully trained and compliant for the scope and HS&E rules.
• Implement the test processes, test methods assigned for the scope.
• Fluent English written/spoken, others language like Arabic and French would be an advantage.
• Experience on Middle East region and Dubai legacy metro network could be an advantage.
• Available for short mission abroad on demand.
• UAE local driver license.
• Committed to observe H&S and Environment and local legislation rules in UAE
• Customer satisfaction oriented to promote and apply ALSTOM Policy and process.
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
Industry Type :
Construction / Civil Engineering
Functional Area :