The Systems Engineer Sr provides functional and empirical analysis related to the design, development, and implementation of software operating systems.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract.)
• Participates in the development of test strategies, devices and systems
• Works from specifications to assist in developing and modifying operating systems software applications
• Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other systems engineering personnel.
• Acts as project leader for projects with small budgets or limited duration.
• Performs quality assurance reviews evaluations of new and existing software products.
• Serves as top level technical expert in one or more highly specialized phases of systems engineering.
• Responsible for applications dealing with the overall operating system, such as sophisticated file maintenance routines, large telecommunications networks, computer accounting, and advanced mathematical/scientific software packages.
• Provides work leadership and training to lower level system engineers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
• Requires full technical knowledge of all phases of software systems programming applications.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and vendors.
• Resolve data systems and network program problems.
• Advanced knowledge of the support and installation of personal computers, networking hardware, systems, components and software used by the company.
Experience & Education
• Bachelor s degree in an associated discipline.
• Two (2) years experience in Information Technology systems software in a supervisory capacity or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years college.
• Minimum five (5) plus years IT work experience in systems technical software.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
• Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions.