Your Role and Responsibilities
For over a century IBM has been a company of inventors and innovators. We power the most important industries on the planet--from the biggest banks to telecom to scientific research. Our IT infrastructure portfolio features the legendary Z mainframe, new AI-enabling servers and Gartner-ranked best in class Flash and Software Defined Storage. You may not know it but there's hardly a part of your daily life that isn't touched by an IBM Systems client.
The IBM Systems team has first dibs on just about every cool pilot in the company. We're design thinkers who get to spend time honing new skills. We ve changed the way IBM does marketing. Oh yeah, and we make mainframes the Big Iron beneath the hood of just about everything big anyone s ever done with data and all the data storage and software that it takes to build the next gen IT infrastructure that can think, learn, predict, and compete in the cognitive era. For most, the future is coming. At IBM Systems, we're already delivering it.
If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand yes, the one that invented the typewriter, the personal computer, the mainframe, and put a man on the moon then come create with us and help amplify our voice.
IBM Systems leads in transformation. What we do for our clients, we re doing for ourselves all the time: reinventing, learning what it takes to stay ahead of technological shifts and building what comes next. We re good at change because we ve never been afraid of it. If you re the same, join us in our next big reveal.
As the Product Marketing Manager for Systems you will :
• Owner and developer of annual marketing plan with quarterly refresh based on regional direction and local business priorities, and control outcome by partnering with other teams
• Deliver unique/compelling point of views (POVs), strategic messaging and leadership proof points improving the BUs' market position, competitive advantage and business results.
• Set market position: Use knowledge to spot and articulate the market segments to pursue based on Global direction and local priorities
• Acquire deep insight into the local markets with respect to customers, trends and competition. Identify together with market analysts preferred routes to acquire different types of segments of clients
• Coach local marketing contacts to optimize results.
• Be a subject matter expert and evangelist for the product through social media amplification
• Apply deep buyer behavior expertise to orchestrate and manage the delivery of an exceptional client engagement experience end-to-end encompassing buyer journey, content narrative and collaborate with the Campaign Manager in order to align the needed tactics to the target audience
• Understand the Business Partners ecosystem and stay informed about the latest development. Partner with key vendors in order to ensure an aligned and compelling message towards IBM customers
• Partner with regional sales teams to Identify preferred routes to acquire different types of segments of clients, continuously optimize marketing execution and business results. Build strong relationship with IBM internal stakeholders (e.g., sales) to not only seek regular feedback on the performance of the programs but also to stay close to the needs of the specific client segments
• Shares best practice within the MSC and is involved in their peer s education and in the development of the practice.