The Information Technology Department seeks an incumbent for the position of Systems Specialist to provide administers and configures servers, storage and directory services infrastructure for the campus community to meet the business objectives of the organization.
• Researches, analyzes and assesses advanced and emerging technology solutions in multiple technology domains.
• Evaluates, recommends and supports the adoption of emerging technologies.
• Conducts capacity planning exercises and ensures that there is always adequate CPU, SAN capacity to meet the growing needs of the institution.
• Collaborates with selected vendors in developing technology options, analysis and providing an optimum recommendation that meets the stated requirements in functionality, performance, scalability, reliability while minimizing deployment and ongoing support costs.
• Documents systems and maintenance procedures. Updates documentation as necessary to show component re-locations. Develops internal documents for event analysis and troubleshooting support. Reviews documents with technical staff and supervisor for implementation of projects.
• Develops/writes RFP/Tenders for new procurements/ AMC and upgrade for Network Infrastructure requirements as and when required.
• Works with vendor personnel to recommend appropriate and necessary levels of service, tupgrades and new purchases related to Server/SAN infrastructure.
• Prepares and conducts engineering feasibility studies to enhance existing network infrastructure. Formulates and publishes network standards, and maintains technical documents.
• Researches and evaluates emerging technologies and presents finding(s) to team leader.
• Responsible for generating reports as required, from multiple sources regarding network applications performance and use.
Development, implementation and maintenance of infrastructures (Server, Storage, Directory Services):
• Supports in evaluation, design, and implementation of solutions running on Linux/UNIX, Mac, and Windows workstations and servers.
• Supports in developing an overall infrastructure architecture strategy, standards and associated roadmaps for the various platforms (Unix, Windows, Linux, Mac OS X ) associated network systems.
• Responsible for managing, administering and maintaining the server and SAN infrastructure.
• Responsible for maintaining the Virtualization environment on the campus.
• Works with various physical infrastructure servers, Storage and virtual environments with VmWare, Citrix etc to ensure optimal infrastructure environment.
• Serves as second level technical support to the Data Center.
• Actively supports in the definition of a project scope, plans and deliverables including cost projections and proposed implementation timelines for the various systems projects within Networks.
• Provides documentation/project tracking and management reporting.
• Provides tactical and strategic input on overall systems planning and related projects.
• Participate in the capacity of Assistant Project Manager and in some cases project manager for all enterprise infrastructure projects through entire project life cycle.
• Must possess a bachelor's degree in Information Technology from an accredited Institute with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the field in an academic Environment or an equivalent combination of education, skills and experience.
• Must be Linux/Novell/SUN/Microsoft certified.
Other essential requirements:
• Must have demonstrated experience with Windows, Novell, Linux, Sun Solaris platforms and virtualization technologies
• Must have thorough understanding of networking areas such as IPS/IDS, Firewalls, MPLS/VLAN design/configuration, caching servers and cloud computing.
• Must be able to do Hardware and Software sizing and builds..
• Must have experience with Microsoft technologies like Exchange, Lync, SharePoint exchange integration, Active directory and windows servers.
• Knowledge of MS Project & Ms Visio is required.
• Displays a strong understanding of present day technology trends, cloud computing architectures, open source alternatives and must be willing to use the latest tools on a spectrum of applications,
• Basic Structured Cabling System experience is essential
• Must have demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize multiple tasks and priorities and deliver results in a timely manner.
• Must have excellent written/documentation and presentation skills.
• Must be persistent, self directed and able to work well under pressure and adapt to change.
THE BENEFITS :
The University s benefits package is highly attractive, with competitive salaries, housing, a furniture allowance, annual vacation airline tickets for the employee and immediate family, educational subsidies for children and healthcare is provided to the employee and sponsored family members.