An exciting opportunity is available for Technology Development, based in Jubail and will reports directly to VP, Technology & Innovation,
About the role :
To manage a team of engineers/specialists undertaking Technical Service Request (TSR) assignments involving a range of problem solving techniques and computational methods i.e. process modelling, statistical data analysis, root cause analysis, and investigative analysis etc. to identify solutions related to production issues raised by TASNEE Petrochemical Complex (TPC) process engineering or related stakeholders for investigation.
In this role, you will be responsible of:
• Through Section Head assign and coordinate assignments of defined scope and complexity involving a range of standard problem-solving techniques and computational methods.
• Ensure acquired data, largely from well-established sources, is used as an input to problem resolution and trend analysis.
• Review, edit, author and approve technical reports in a timely fashion as per agreed timescales based on the type and complexity of the work presented.
• Ensure self and team maintain strict compliance with all approved business policies and procedures to align with the TASNEE commitment to sustainable business.
• Ensure self and team strict compliance with all approved EHSM procedures and practices to afford protection to life, property and the environment.
• Provide formal and informal on-the-job training and mentoring to team members through work/job rotation, to develop skills and capabilities.
• Lead regular team meetings to update on developments of significance and encourage input from team members.
• (When applicable) Work in conjunction with internal and external service providers to assist in the delivery of required outputs.
• Maintain awareness of developments in sub-discipline to keep informed and identify opportunities for improvement for the benefit of TASNEE.
• Identify and address frequently recurring problems within own and teams level of expertise and experience, reaching appropriate solutions, for senior review prior to implementation, through standard procedures and professional knowledge.
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
• PHd, MSc or Batchelor of Science in
• Chemical Engineering, or Polymer Science and Technology.
• At least 10 years of Petrochemical/Polymer production process (in any of HDPE, LDPE, PP, Acrylic Acid and its polymeric derivatives), or monomers (Ethane, Propane cracking, or Propane dehydrogenation) production environment.
• Familiar with integrated management systems related to Health, Safety, Quality and
• Environmental aspects, and supervisory/man-management experience.
Job Specific Skills:
• Business-level written and spoken English.
• Computer literacy and a working knowledge of advanced professional programs e.g. Aspen HYSYS computer mathematical modelling
• A Background in polymerization, polymer technology, polymer engineering or monomer production through thermal cracking or dehydrogenation.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Planning and organizing.
• Time management.
• QHSSE awareness and compliance.
Tasnee employs over 4,000 people in Saudi Arabia and we value everyone's contribution in making our business successful. We aim to provide a wide range of career paths and offer everyone the opportunity to broaden their experience, advance and build a professionally rewarding career as we work together to deliver a strong and sustainable business.