At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and to become a world-class institution from the region.
Underpinning this ambition is the need to build strong brand equity for the Careem of the future and this is where you will make a difference! We have a fundamental belief that people hold the key to our success.
Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alumni, Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With a strong track-record of growth, we now operate in 100+ cities across 14 countries and host over 24 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Purpose of Role:
To design and deliver talent management initiatives to get the right people in the right roles at the right time through robust and objective methods for talent assessment and identification, succession planning, performance management, internal mobility and career planning.
• Design the talent management strategy to ensures critical roles are identified and a scalable approach to conduct succession planning is implemented
• Create tools and training to support succession planning, including talent maps and 9-box model
• Evolve the performance management approach to ensure robust and objective measures of potential and performance are incorporated and which embed the cultural values and behaviours
• Work closely with Talent Acquisition team to create an effective process for internal mobility that aligns to the talent strategy
• Implement best practice assessment centre methodology when appropriate to identify potential
• Design bespoke assessment centre exercise simulations and leverage psychometric tools and/or off-the-shelf materials when required
• Apply creative approaches and latest technology to the talent management strategy
• Upskill internal colleagues (such as Talent Acquisition and managers) in objective behavioural assessment
• Develop and implement an appropriate approach to conduct internal Talent Review meetings with leaders to identify successor readiness, calibrate evaluations and to leverage internal mobility across teams and regions
• Draw on internal feedback and external benchmarking to evolve talent management practices
• Facilitate best practice sharing and application across regions
• Collaborate with L&D manager and Business Partners to ensure that talent outputs link seamlessly to personal development plans
• Work with the L&D Manager and Organisational Development Manager to support in-house programmes whenever necessary
• Collaborate with and upskill the People team (across regions) to ensure solutions suit the diverse business stakeholder needs and that they are engaged and upskilled to support the talent strategy
• Commission and manage additional internal or external resources as and when required in order to ensure cost-effective delivery of agreed talent initiatives.
• Ensure operational effectiveness in scaling the talent strategy to an ever growing population of participants each year
Essential Skills & Experience
• Proven experience in the areas of talent management, assessment centres, psychometrics, succession planning, coaching and group facilitation.
• Proven experience in developing and executing strategy in a fast-paced and rapidly changing organisation
• Project management skills, including managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results
• Experience with large scale portfolio/program/project management
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities
• Strong analytical skills and experience using and presenting data to make decisions
• BA or BS degree in a relevant field such as psychology, business, assessment and selection, or equivalent experience
• Test user ability and personality qualification (British Psychological Society)
• Experience centre managing assessment centres with senior stakeholders
• Experience in objective behavioural assessment
• Up to 50% travel required to regions (Saudi, Pakistan, Egypt, Berlin)
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Master s degree or higher in related discipline (CIPD, business psychology or other)
• Experience of designing assessment centre simulation suites
• Operational/business expertise outside of talent management
• Experience implementing talent strategy in a start-up environment
• Experience with business, financial and process improvement tools, concepts and methodologies
• Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills; a role model for the values
• Proven ability to lead and engage distributed teams
• Careem means generous we are looking for people who want to make a difference
• Someone who will go over and above their role description to do what needs to be done to achieve results that ultimately help us to achieve the vision and mission of the organisation.
• Relationship building skills are key a willingness and ability to engage at all levels in the organisation and be open to different perspectives
• Someone who is unafraid to challenge assumptions (positively) and find new and creative solutions
• Relentless positivity and adaptability even in the face of significant challenge. This is a young, fun, ambitious team and maintaining this culture is important to us
Industry Type :
Logistics / Transportation / Warehousing / Courier
Functional Area :
HR / Human Relations / Industrial Relations