We are currently seeking to appoint inspirational Teaching and Learning Assistants to join us in the summer term in April 2019. This is a rare opportunity to join a premium school; helping to form and mould the structure and operation of the School. Staff will be given many opportunities to contribute to the life of the School both in and out of the classroom. It is expected that all colleagues will support one another in what will be an immensely exciting but also at times challenging project in establishing Brighton College Dubai as a true leader in the city of Dubai. It is expected that this will be achieved through the collective efforts of an exceptional and hardworking team with the united goal of ensuring that every child reaches their potential both academically and socially, by pushing boundaries and broadening horizons.
• Essential qualities will include the ability to work collaboratively and to present to parents, pupils and colleagues a warm, engaging and approachable personality.
• Genuinely enjoy working with children
• Be a native English speaker
• Be able to manage time well and thrive in a busy and fast-paced working environment
• Show initiative and follow instructions carefully
• Have a high level of international and inter-cultural understanding
• Be a good communicator and make positive contributions to a team
• Be flexible and solution orientated
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the class teachers with teaching and learning activities and the preparation of supporting resources and materials
• Actively engage with pupils in a range of settings to develop and support their learning and promote their understanding
• Work alongside pupils to encourage their curiosity and develop their critical thinking about their experiences
• Look at ways of promoting pupil independence and fostering a love of learning.
• Support the class teacher to monitor, record and review the pupils attainment and progress and then catering for their next developmental steps
• Assessing pupils work and ensuring that the provisions being made remain appropriate to the pupils needs
• Where necessary, attend meetings with parents to support the class teacher in order to promote working partnerships that are effective in promoting pupil development
• Deliver concentrated support to small groups of students under instruction of the teacher
• Consistently encourage and model the College values and community spirit
• To promote pride in the College among the pupil body through high standards of dress, behaviour and commitment
• To maintain a professional relationship with both colleagues and parents and to promote the School s best interests both in and out of working hours
• To ensure that all communication is acted upon appropriately and in a timely manner
• Work as a contributing member of the team by attending and participating in meetings and discussions as necessary
• To be fully committed to personal professional development, attending courses and meetings as agreed with the Head of School and generally keeping up to date with new initiatives
• To ensure that the classroom is an attractive, organised and stimulating working environment with relevant and regularly changed displays
• To assist the teachers in sharing children s learning in different ways, including displays, learning journeys, shows and assembly presentations
• To be responsible for all College resources, particularly those in your care, reporting damage or loss to your line manager or the facilities manager, as appropriate
• To be in school prior to 7.40am and until at least 4:00pm
• To carry out any reasonable professional request made by Head of Prep from time to time
How to Apply:
All applications must consist of the following completed documents:
• Letter of application (maximum one and a half sides of Garamond 12) addressed to Mr Marco Longmore, Head Master of Brighton College Dubai. Please state clearly in your letter your experience, together with details of your co-curricular strengths and contributions. This should be attached to your electronic application.
• CV (maximum 4 sides) naming two referees, one of whom must be your current or most recent employer.
Submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Application for TLA Term 3 - 2019
Incomplete applications will not be considered, and that Brighton College Dubai reserves the right to make an appointment at any stage of the recruitment process. Due to the expected high levels of interest in positions at the College, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted within 7 days of the closing date for applications. Closing date for applications will be on 15 April 2019 .