Qualifications: 1-2 years
Teaching and Learning
• Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the practitioner, including delivering specific parts of the curriculum to groups of students if required, and assessing student progress
• Assist in the monitoring student progress, including attending relevant meetings
• Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities.
• Work with other professionals, such as speech therapists and occupational therapists, as necessary.
• Assist practitioners with maintaining student records, including observations and assessments, ticksheets etc as well as maintaining DC App.
• Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
• Work with the practitioner to prepare and present displays of students work.
• Support practitioners in admin tasks in order to support teaching.
• Undertake other duties from time to time the principal or deputy requires including support tasks.
Standards and Quality Assurance
• Support the vision, mission, values of the school.
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality, and attendance.
• Attend team and staff meetings.
• Undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the Deputy or Principal.
• Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
• Undertake relevant training.
• Undertake activities for care and wellbeing of the children
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• All Teaching Assistants are expected to take their share of supervisory duties outside and in the afternoons.
• According to the child s age and individual needs, duties may include helping with toileting and changing.
• Being flexible as to which class you are assigned to.
• Treating co-workers with respect.