An International school in Muscat Oman is looking for Primary teachers (Grades 1 - 8) for a Girls School to teach English, Math and Science. They were established in 2001 and are very proud that they will be the first school in Oman retaining their Omani culture while delivering to students the benefits of the American educational system.
The school is also proud of its outstanding graduates and of the numerous requests by other schools to provide them a teachers training program in order to be able to cope up with the international standard of education.
Develop lesson plans and themes in line with curriculum objectives. Facilitate learning by establishing a relationship with students and organizing learning resources and the classroom environment. Meeting with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors and administrators to resolve any possible behavioural or academic problems. Must also establish clear objectives for all lessons, and projects. Distribute, collect and grade homework assignments, tests and projects and attend staff meetings.
Sunday - Thursday from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm for teachers
7:30 am to 2:00 pm for students
• Bachelor of Education from a recognized University
• Must have a teaching qualification from one of the following countries: US, CA, UK, AU, NZ, or ZA (for Visa processing)
• Must be Native English speaker or near
• Must have excellent classroom management skills and able to deal effectively with
student behaviour issues
• Minimum 2 years consecutive teaching experience at appropriate grade level
• Experience can be in either American or British system
• Is culturally sensitive, dependable, flexible and able to work in a continuously changing environment
Monthly Salary Range:
Competitive TAX FREE monthly salary from $2600 to $3100 USD in accordance with relevant years of experience, teaching qualifications
• Shared furnished accommodation for single teachers (each one with separate bedroom and bathroom) kitchen and living rooms shared.
• Furnished apartment for teaching couples
Health Insurance Coverage:
Medical and Life Insurance is covered for employee Only , not dependents
Annual Air Tickets:
Air ticket Allowance to home country provided for employee Only . Relocation air ticket also provided at beginning and end of contract for employee Only
• 60 Days total annual paid leave for candidates with a 2 year contract during the school year
• For one and half year contract: (30 ) Days paid leave and (30) days unpaid for the first half year of contract at the end of June school year. ( Candidates who start in January )
• (60) Days full paid leave at the end of the second year of contract
(The leave days will be determined according to the school calendar)
Dependant School Fees:
No Tuition is provided and children of teachers cannot enroll in the school unless they can follow the Arabic curriculum, as per the Omani law
Visa & Medical Check Fees:
Fees will be paid for employee only for Visa and Medical Check up that are done in Oman only . Employee is responsible for fees for dependents
End Of Service Benefit:
For each 2 years of full service , school will pay 1 month Basic Salary per year worked according to Labour Law of the country
2 year contract renewable with 5 8% increase in salary depending on performance
• A copy of the educational degree and qualification (Bachelor / higher education Diploma) the degree should be Notarized and Attested by official entities in candidate s home country, as well as, the Omani Embassy in the candidate scountry.
• A copy of University Transcript
• Official Job Experience letters, not less than two years.
• A photocopy of a valid passport (Valid for 3 or more years)
• Recent Photo