Roles and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will be assigned to support a set of sectors, as well as for tasks associated to the Unit s overall work program for which ad-hoc support may be needed from time to time. The Team Assistant will be expected to:
• Provide assistance at various levels in organizing meetings, conference calls, video conferences, workshops, conferences, including handling administrative and logistic arrangements, preparing and assembling meeting materials, sending out invitations, and follow-up
• Prepare, review, edit and format project documentation according to Bank and Regional guidelines, as well as maintain a coherent filing system ensuring that all projects documents are properly filed and referenced
• Participate in developing project/product time lines, using appropriate software
• May provide IT backup assistance under the guidance of the IT Officer including the following tasks: basic troubleshooting of computer and server issues, printing assistance (e.g. toner replacement) and equipment cabling/wiring
• Undertake ad hoc inquiries, investigate standard and non-standard databases, identify and research various sources of information, retrieve, manipulate and present data
• Respond and handle a wide-range of extensive and diverse inquiries, prioritizing and making decisions when multiple courses of action are possible and prepare correspondence on a range of topics
• Provide administrative support, organize and manage meeting schedules for task teams (and visiting missions before and while they are in country)
• Manage internal and external inquiries related to the status of projects in the absence of task team leader and team members
• Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team
• Extract, monitor and report on disbursement data for active projects
• Translate short documents from English/Arabic and Arabic/English relevant to the work of the team, such as reports, memos, articles, etc.
• Organize and maintain filing system in WBDocs
• Process all travel requests for relevant consultants
• Drafts routine correspondence and proofreads materials using proper grammar, punctuation and style
• Record, disseminate and track all correspondences and minutes of meetings
• Coordinates schedules taking priorities into account, monitors changes, and communicates the information to appropriate staff inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group
• Undertake ad-hoc assignments and provide support to other staff in the unit as required
• Minimum Education/Experience: High school diploma with 3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor s degree preferred.
• Technology and systems knowledge - Demonstrates advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and technology skills. Able to provide and apply customer service skills in a technological context.
• Project and task management - Exhibits good organizational, problem-solving skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrates attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
• Institutional policies, processes, and procedures - Demonstrates knowledge of own department's programs and products, knows key players, understands own role. Displays understanding of WB Job Details policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/implement them.
• Versatility and adaptability - Demonstrates flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrates motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
• Client Orientation - Exhibits positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients' needs and complete them professionally.
• Drive for Results - Takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion - Collaborates with other team members and contributes productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
• Knowledge, Learning and Communication - Has good knowledge of official unit's language(s). Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
• Business Judgment and Analytical Decision Making - Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability. Sub-Saharan African nationals, Caribbean nationals, and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.