Team Lead, Flagship STEM-focused Corporate Social Investment Initiative
Job Title Team Lead
Location: Muscat, Oman (or must be willing to relocate)
Reports to: DAI Project Director
Date: Indicatively September 2019 for 12 months
We are looking for an outstanding individual to steer a team for a flagship corporate social investment initiative, financed and requested by a leading Omani retailer.
The key objectives of the program are:
• To spark interest in and passion for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) fields within Omani youth
• To equip Omani youth with the skills they need to engage in and benefit from the modern economy
• To support the next generation of STEM innovators and leaders in Oman
The Initiative will be national in scope, providing services to youth in multiple cities in the north and south of Oman. To accomplish this, DAI will deliver a 2020 STEM Initiative comprised of 2 components: an anchor Muscat STEM Center that provides programming to schools and families in Muscat, and a Traveling STEM Festival that will reach communities outside of Muscat.
Function of the Position:
The Team Leader will be based at the Muscat STEM Center, provide intellectual vision and strategic direction to the program, and will lead on day-to-day management and operations of the Initiative. The Team Leader s ultimate job is to maintain high quality of delivery and technical excellence, ensure that all who interact with the Initiative have a good experience, and manage the team to create effective STEM learning experiences for students. The Team Leader will work closely with the DAI Headquarters team on strategic planning and operations, manage client relationships, and oversee delivery of the project.
• Actively participate in the program planning and take the lead in execution of the program.
• Working together with the DAI Project Director based at Headquarters, maintain high quality client management, reporting program progress and results, and financial management of the program budget in line with contractual expectations.
• Select, manage and motivate program team including the STEM/Coding Instructors, teaching assistants and program administrators.
• Manage local subcontractors including a to-be-selected marketing firm in line with client and Ministry expectations.
• Plan for and ensure that the program partner develops the required competencies to deliver their scope over the course of the program in 2020.
• Oversee the team to customize the curriculum, including the designing of STEM experiences and lessons, providing content knowledge in STEM, analyzing data to modify activities and forms of assessment, and sharing of best practices. He/she will work with teachers to ensure the use of best pedagogical methods based on the latest academic research and an understanding of local market including trends.
• Employ adaptive management approaches to monitor, take corrective action (as required) to enhance program impact and provide monthly documentation on program execution.
• Bachelor s degree required, preferably in science or education
• Significant professional work experience, including management experience
• Strong communications and presentational abilities
• Dynamic, team player with the ability to manage teams and projects
• High organization skills in managing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent team working and collaboration
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multicultural, high volume, multi-stakeholder environment
• Interest in the education and/or STEM fields
• Legal rights to work or be contracted in Oman
• Fluent in written and spoken English and Arabic l