The objective of the 4-year activity is to increase tourism revenues and local economic benefits, including increased employment and business opportunities, in the cultural tourism sector at targeted destinations. The four results of the IMCT activity are:
• Consolidation and reinforcement of GOE efforts to improve the enabling regulatory environment for investment in sustainable cultural heritage tourism; consolidated/reinforced;
• Selected cultural heritage sites rehabilitated and financially sustainable;
• Higher-value added tourism products and services developed at target destinations; and
• Capacity to promote cultural tourism in target destinations enhanced.
The Team Leader- Private Sector Engagement will provide technical leadership for private sector engagement and public-private partnership development technical component and/or program-wide activities of the anticipated Cultural Tourism (IMCT) Activity. With technical oversight, s/he will provide technical leadership in design, development, planning, and implementation of relevant interventions to find and/or develop economically viable and innovative models to integrate private sector engagement into adaptive reuse and protection of cultural resources. S/he will be responsible for planning and scheduling own work flow and timetables, within area and function guidelines. S/he will maintain a constructive dialogue and technical exchange with field counterparts and technical staff of implementing partners, and will develop and maintain collaborative relationships with donor/client organizations, relevant government agencies, and other NGOs. S/he will develop tools for the design and implementation of specific technical components, and ensure that project implementation adheres to the appropriate strategy and remains technically sound. S/he may serve as a departmental resource on procedural, administrative and operational issues, and perform other duties as assigned.
• Requires a master s degree in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
• Minimum 8 years of experience required in the design, management and implementation of international development projects and prior experience working in a non-governmental organization;
• Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
• Demonstrated experience in tourism and/or private sector development, with some experience in Egypt preferred;
• Demonstrated experience required in performance monitoring, tracking data quality, data management, and/or training in performance management topics;
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects, consultants, set realistic priorities, and plan for
• the successful implementation of programs required;
• Demonstrated ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance required.
• Fluency in English required, Arabic preferred.