YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Our decisions about programming paradigms and languages are led by the project, not by our existing skill set. As a result, we don t require any specific technological background it s much more important that you have a broad knowledge of different programming approaches and the ability to learn new ones (with the support of your colleagues, of course). To give you an idea, our recent work has used tech including :
• A range of languages from Python and Node.js to Java, Scala, C# and .Net, on the back-end.
• Python and R in conjunction with tools such as Numpy, Pandas and Spark to implement data science.
• Container-based technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes, deployed across AWS, Azure and GCP as well as private data centres (clients , as well as our own).
• Data storage across SQL (MS SQL Server, Postgres and Oracle), NoSQL (Mongo) and Hive, as well as columnar data stores like Parquet.
We re also hoping you ll be able to show us:
• A good knowledge of project delivery tools and methodologies (we use AgilePM, but an understanding of any useful modern framework would be beneficial).
• Client handling and communications skills, especially in dealing with non-technical stakeholders and tackling client engagement issues.
• A track record of handling multiple complex work streams with aplomb.
• A history of performing technical deep-dives.
You need to be fluent in English and Arabic.
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
• Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
• Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
• Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
• Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
• Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.