The Middle East Advisory team provides technical, project and programme management and commercial advisory services to developers, investors, funders, regulated asset owners and operators, local authorities, government departments and agencies in the regional infrastructure finance market. We are currently active in the social infrastructure, renewable energy, water, power generation and transportation sectors.
We are looking for an experienced practitioner with professional experience in infrastructure or the built environment advisory activity. The ideal candidate will not only act as a technical advisor to assist in the delivery of projects but also help to expand our services in the region.
Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
• Support the delivery of technical, economic and commercial advisory services across various sectors in the infrastructure market, to include but not limited to providing PPP and other forms of project or transaction advice and feasibility studies.
• Carry out analyses and assessments, and draft reports to a high-quality standard, with particular attention to structure, clarity of argument, grammar and presentation.
• Liaise with customers to ensure efficient and effective delivery of service and customer satisfaction.
• Lead with customers in meetings and workshops to facilitate project discussions, present findings, assist participants in identifying project issues and priorities, and progress project solutions.
• When acting as lead advisor and or project manager, ensure the commercial success of the commission and compliance with all company governance requirements. When supporting, ensure that the lead advisor and or project manager is made aware of all developments on the commission that could influence the commercial and compliance outcomes.
• Lead on preparation and conclusion of service propositions to customers, and ensure all commercial and legal negotiation points are concluded satisfactorily prior to commencement of services.
• Support the planning and delivery of broader business development opportunities, and the management of long term key customer relationships to enhance sales and increase market share.
• The ability and willingness to travel and work overseas for short periods of time may be necessary for this role.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
• A Bachelors and/or Master s degree or equivalent, or significant relevant work experience
• Minimum 5 years experience in infrastructure or buildings advisory
• Past experience as a technical advisor assisting in delivery
• Experience in providing technical, economic and or commercial advisory services in infrastructure or the built environment for private, public sector and multilateral international finance institutions clients internationally
• Experience of preparing feasibility studies to determine the preferred option for project procurement and delivery
• A good understanding of the fundamentals of international PPP or Project Finance transactions particularly funding & financing; stakeholders; documentation; risk classification and transfer; revenue streams; and success factors
• In depth knowledge of one or more infrastructure sectors that offers potential for growth and private sector investment, including but not limited to technical merits, policy and regulation, economic considerations, delivery and or supply chain
• Experience in the assessment of risks and priorities associated with project development, investment or delivery, in the context of project feasibility and procurement; due diligence; assurance; or monitoring and evaluation
• Competent in the delivery of detailed analysis in reports and presentations to customers
• Working as the lead practitioner on challenging small to medium sized assignments, or in a key support role on large assignments. Capable of working with little or no supervision
• A high standard of numerical, technical, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
• A high standard of report writing skills which require minimal proof-reading and peer review with visual and verbal presentation techniques
• Capable of working with a diverse range of technical and commercial staff and their outputs
• Ability to work under pressure and assimilate and convey information against challenging time constraint
• Continuously looking for innovations and improvements to manage workload and accomplish deliverables across individuals, teams and projects
• Using leadership skills to build and nurture relationships and also creating effective working environments
• Able to manage multiple teams with diverse backgrounds on geographically and culturally diverse teams
• In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
• With integrity
• With due skill, care and diligence
• In good faith, and
• In compliance with all applicable laws
• Adopting an adaptive mindset and using strategic and critical thinking to approach problems in a new way
• Ability to deal efficiently with priorities and manage time appropriately
• Advanced level proficiency with all MS Office products, including: Outlook; Word; Excel; and PowerPoint
• A dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
• Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are at the forefront of all activities
• Adopting a proactive approach towards complex tasks and overall delivery
• Sound knowledge of professional and international standards