Building Infrastructure Engineer
• Description of responsibilities: The role is responsible for undertaking complex projects and assisting in providing direction to TBC management and necessary support to Manage Service Projects & Consultancy Project implementers.
• TBC is in the process of embarking its Technical Building Infrastructure assessment and refurbishment program. This position will be working with closely with the TBC management to ensure these MSP and Consultancy projects are delivered.
• Assists in the preparation, coordination and control of the operating and capital improvement budgets. Assist in evaluating the need for and development plans and schedules for modernization to smarter building structure.
• Coordinates projects with other departments, divisions, sections, consultants, developers and owners of the TB i.e. Regional / District O&M management s. Provide presentations to appointed officials and responds to BU / Regional / District inquiries and complaints, and take appropriate action.
• Provides continuing technical assistance to TBC, MSP and participate in preparation of CAPEX & OPEX project plans, specifications, agreements, cost estimates and contract negotiations.
• Analyze complex engineering and hazardous issues, prepare required data and provide detail report to TBC management.
• Prepare detail reports of various infrastructure, electro-mechanical, civil and O&M projects.
• Ensure all works is carried out in accordance with global standards, legislative and industry policy requirements.
• Responsibility area of TBC - passive network infrastructure elements that support the telecom elements (Mobile, Core, Fixed and Transmission) in addition to any technical building facilities the scope of which includes but not limited to: Commercial Power Supply, Transformers, meters, switches, Primary and standby Generators including all controls and ATS, Main Distribution boards, Solar Power systems, UPS, DC plants including rectifiers and battery banks, Distribution panels, Cabling and support, Fuel and water supply, Emergency lighting, wiring, lightning protection, Grounding (equipment & building), HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) systems, Fire fighting & fire prevention systems, Security access and control systems, Building management systems, Alarm sensors and thermostats, BATBs, Passive infrastructure tie-in to Telecom External alarms, Passenger & Loading elevators, Civil Work including access road repairs and shelters/ building management and housekeeping & cleaning, Tower infrastructure maintenance, related foundations for (greenfield, rooftop, Indoor, Outdoor) such as Towers, Antennas, Feeders, Tower lamp, Lightning arresters, Grounding, Feeder trays, Ducts, fuel tanks, Generators. Note: Datacenter (JDC & RDC) E&M scope applicable for Riyadh City & Jeddah Districts.
• Work on new projects from a given specifications and / or Technical Building infrastructure improvements.
• To generate recommendations and suggestions ensuring they are agreed standards and within specifications.
• Generate comprehensive or work-around remedial solution with specification to mitigate complex situations and hazardous conditions.
• To undertake, monitor and supervise Electrical, Mechanical and Civil engineering works (including alarms, access and security systems) and to oversee the testing & commissioning of new plants, equipment or components.
• Deal effectively with all emergency work arising during and outside normal working hours, including the coordination of management, agents and mange service providers.
• Provide recommendation an advice relating to the efficient and effective use of infrastructures.
• Investigate reports of MSP s, Sub-contractors and NMC s of service degradations and faults and failures and evaluate the rectification procedures and route cause analysis.
• Undertaking cyclical surveys of the plants, equipment to determine the condition and established priorities for maintenance programs and energy efficiency opportunities.
• Contribute to the introduction of energy saving initiatives and promote works / implementations to archive increased efficiency and reduce cost. Undertake feasibility studies, related surveys and generate reports for consideration.
• Assist in the maintenance and update of operation and maintenance manuals and drawings with all relevant information.
• In liaison with TBC, MSP & Consultants, conduct periodic audits, identify Risk, Classify Risk and recommend, Risk Mitigation.
• Assist in preparing contingency plan, Annual Operating Plan.
• Preparation of Clear process, procedures, Functional hierarchy.
• Education required (minimum):15 Years
• Education desired: BSc, Degree in Electro-mechanical Engineering or equivalent, and with additional relevant technical & management training.
Industry Type :
IT - Hardware & Networking
Functional Area :