Senior Technical Consultant
The Senior Technical Consultant is responsible for
providing technical support and expertise advice at client site throughout all
technical stages of TEMENOS products implementation projects. The Senior
Technical Consultant focuses especially on more complex technical issues with
little or no direct supervision, and provides guidance and coaching to less
experienced Technical Consultants.
- Focus on more complex technical problems, generally without day-to-day supervision or direction. Provide guidance and advice to less experienced consultants in case of complex technical issues during the implementation (e.g. configuration of TEMENOS products and local developments) and client relationship development. Has strong proficiency in the tools, systems and procedures that are used to accomplish the job.
- Specialize in one or more of the following technical areas:
- Technical architecture and best use of TEMENOS Client services tools,
- Configuration of TEMENOS products or interfaces with the product, according to the definitions supplied,
- Data migration and related activities.
- Provide expertise to clients in the definition of additional standard enhancements.
- Identify, define and coordinate any development activities that may occur during the implementation of TEMENOS products, such as additional specific functionality, interfacing to external systems or conversion programs to be built.
- Install custom enhancements and validate technical setup and conduct necessary testing to ensure user acceptance and global quality of the solution delivered.
- Advise the client on the setting up of a production environment and on the running of the T24/TCB products including database administration.
- Provide clear and concise technical documentation for internal and external use.
- Conduct client technical training as necessary.
- Provide regular update and feedback to the Project Manager on implementation success, potential delays and resources needs adjustments in order to achieve project goals.
- Coordinate with the TEMENOS maintenance groups to ensure that the product problems encountered by the client are understood and resolved.
- Supervise, if and when needed, over specific technical parts of the implementation plan.
- Perform such other duties, functions and services, consistent with status or vocational ability, as may from time to time be required.
- Educational & Proficiency level: Professional with a minimum of three years of experience in software technical consultancy, ideally in a banking environment.
- Technical knowledge: INFOBASIC, JAVA, ORACLE 9 (or above) operating systems knowledge and functionality of UNIX, AS400 and NT, particularly disc structures. Exposure to mainframes.
- Other: Analytical, organized, team player, and able to work in a multicultural environment.