Location : Abu Dhabi
We are seeking for qualified individual for the position of Technical Director.
The Technical Director s responsibilities are diverse and relate to assessing new technology, general laboratory operations, staffing needs, workflow fluctuation and management, and customer service. In effect the Technical Director assists the Medical Director to plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate NRL s laboratory operations and performance. This is a key management and clinical position that requires an individual with a depth of experience in managing a high complexity clinical laboratory testing facility. The individual must be familiar with medical laboratory instrumentation and platforms, and should meet all regulatory requirements for directing a medical laboratory in Dubai /and or Abu Dhabi.
The primary responsibilities encompass (but are not limited to) the following:
• Management, Administration and Strategic Planning
• Oversee the development of the organization's plans and programs in evaluation of long-range planning and regulatory action on operational performance of NRL s technical laboratory.
• Ensures high quality, accessible, cost effective and patient focused services to members across the continuum;
• Identify and implement measures to maintain the state of the art testing in a cost effective manner, to increase accessibility, and to improve client and staff satisfaction, while improving quality of the testing procedures and results;
• Participate in the development and implementation of operations budget to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements;
• Employ a sufficient number of laboratory personnel with appropriate education and either experience or training to provide appropriate consultation, properly supervise and accurately perform tests and report test results in accordance with the personnel responsibilities described in DHA/ HAAD regulations;
• Provide support to staff for all aspects of workplace issues, referring to the Human resources and other departments as appropriate.
• Responsible for recognizing results or problems that require referral to the Pathologist.
• Ensure that consultation is available to the laboratory clients on matters relating to the quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient conditions.
• Ensure that the quality control and quality assurance programs are established and maintained to assure the quality of laboratory services provided;
• To identify failures in quality as they occur; to take appropriate corrective action; to minimize occurrence.
• Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
• Provides expertise and guidance regarding scientific issues, and liaises with scientific functions at other facilities throughout the organization, as needed
• Ensure that testing systems developed and used for each of the tests performed in the laboratory provide quality laboratory services for all aspects of test performance, which includes the pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of testing;
• Establish and maintain lines of communication with internal and external customers in order to ensure a timely response to new clinical service trends and program planning.
• Interact with and support other laboratory directors involved in the service industry;
• Represent the organization in the national and international scientific community;
Qualifications and Experience
• PhD in appropriate field of Chemistry
• Must meet UAE local authority for licensing ( Dubai / Abu Dhabi) (American Board certification and/or Fellowship / US Board certification preferred however board eligible candidates may be considered)
• A minimum of eight (8) years postdoctoral laboratory experience;
• Previous experience directing/managing a clinical laboratory (minimum five (5) years);
• Ability to develop and/or direct the implementation of new and improved laboratory tests;
• Understanding of laboratory information, reporting, billing systems;
• Experience conducting CAP inspections.