Technical Experts, Reconciliation for Peace Final Evaluation, USAID/South Sudan Monitoring & Evaluation Support Project, South Sudan
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID), program office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, and relay information about funded interventions. The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible, demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
USAID/South Sudan will conduct a final evaluation of the Reconciliation for Peace project, implemented by Catholic Relief Services (CRS). This evaluation seeks to understand the role of church leaders in reconciliation; their positive engagement with and influence on national politics; their approach to community dialogue and citizen and community participation; their approach to, training, and activities aimed at reconciliation and peace-building; to what extent these efforts are effective, and why they are effective or why not. The evaluation will also consider which elements of the churches peace and reconciliation work USAID should support in the future.
MSI seeks two technical experts (one expat, one local) in peacebuilding in South Sudan to form an evaluation team, led by the team leader. The technical experts will support the team leader in managing the data collection process including allocation of tasks to team members and ensuring the quality of the data being collected. The technical experts will participate in the team planning meeting and other preparation meetings as well as in selection of appropriate data collection methodologies and creation of corresponding interview instruments. They will conduct a review of documents assigned by the Team Leader and/or MESP as part of literature review and prepare a summary report of the literature review.
The proposed dates are from June - August 2018 and the estimated Level of Effort (LOE) is 25 days.
** South Sudanese citizens are strongly encouraged to apply. **
• Conduct interviews with identified respondents including governments, IPS, local CBOs, USAID or others as identified.
• Draft sections of evaluation report or presentations according to speciality and as assigned by the Team Leader.
• Work with the team leader in preparing and managing briefings/oral presentations and reviews which serve as a checkpoint on the completeness of the evaluation team s data and analysis on each of the evaluation questions and on the clarity of the flow of the team s presentation of its findings, conclusions and recommendations.
• Draft sections of the evaluation report, preparing in accordance with USAID s How to Prepare and Evaluation Report guidance.
• Work with the team leader in debriefing the wider audience that include, USAID team, implementing partner(s), government invitees, and any other interested stakeholder.
• Contribute to the finalization of the report by incorporating USAID and stakeholder comments, and submit the report to MSI electronically.
• Submit all the quantitative and qualitative data sets obtained during the evaluation to MSI including all documents, slides, etc.
• Master s degree in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, international development, evaluation economics or related social science.
• At least five (5) years of experience in peacebuilding and evaluation of DRG projects. Experience with faith-based peace and reconciliation efforts required.
• Previous experience in South Sudan preferred.
• Strong analytical and report writing skills.
• Experience leading large-scale studies.
• Sound knowledge and understanding of USAID programming and methodology.
• Excellent English writing and communication skills. Demonstrated ability to assess complex situations in order to screen succinctly and clearly critical issues and draw forward-looking conclusions.
• Experience working on small multi-disciplinary, multi-national teams to deliver quality products in high stress, short deadline situations.
Industry Type :
NGO / Social Services / Community Services / Non-Profit
Functional Area :