The Dow Chemical Company has an immediate opening for a Technical Service Engineer (m/f) position in Refining and Processing applications segments. This role will focus on the technical support and development of solutions to existing customers. The position is located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates , and the person joining will be part of the Global Technical Service and Development team in Industrial Solutions, Oil, Gas & Mining market-facing business unit .
About Oil, Gas & Mining: It operates across various segments in upstream, midstream, and downstream businesses in the related industry. One of our focuses is on providing value added products based on a comprehensive chemistry solutions provider philosophy and innovative customized solutions tailored to the ever evolving needs of our customers. Our business serves nine market segments in the industry including Exploration, Production, Enhanced Oil Recovery, Oil and Gas Transmission, Refining, Gas Processing, Power, Mining and Industrial Water Treatment in 5 global regions: Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East / Africa and Asia Pacific.
Key Responsibilities of the Technical Service Specialist:
The successful candidate will be responsible for technical support to customers and excellent communication to Commercial, Marketing, Supply Chain and Logistics departments to fulfil l customer needs.
Main responsibilities are:
• Meet with customers, develop technical relationships, and understand technical needs
• Support product implementation and operational support, including troubleshooting and debottlenecking units at customer site
•Plant operational reviews, process data collection and analytical report interpretation
•Process simulation, optimization & field audits
• Conduct analytical lab tests on site to evaluate customer performance and coordinate shipping of samples to Dow Central Lab.
• Document work by writing monthly/ visits reports
• Collaborate with sales to promote R&D products
• Translate customer and industry needs to assist in shaping new development projects
• Provide technical support to sales team in response to customer needs/inquiries
• Provide customer training on product and services
• Application development to maximize value-capture of existing and new products
• Respond quickly to customer inquiries for product data and performance characteristics
• Self-motivated with a strong initiative and time-management skills.
• Effective written communication skills for professional customer communications and technical writing.
• English and Arabic are must for customer contact, further languages will be considered.
• Potential travel of up to 75%
Desired Candidate Profile
Candidate should have strong personal skills including time management, written and oral communication, self-direction and prioritization.
Proficiency in Arabic
Fluent in English
Master of Science (MS) degree
Degree in Chemical Engineering or Petroleum Engineering disciplines
Experience with lab testing and capability development
Previous customer interaction experience (including relationship development, technical support, product development, etc.)
Experience working in a cross-functional team environment
Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply
About this Posting
The Dow Chemical Company values the benefits that diversity can bring. Dow is looking for individuals best suited for this role regardless of nationality, origin, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. The positions represented by this job posting are aligned to one of the three divisions, Agriculture, Materials Science or Specialty Products. Additional information on division alignment will be provided during the recruitment process.