The KAUST Analytical Chemistry Core Lab is seeking a highly motivated chemist with excellent communication skills and background in elemental analysis and chemical speciation.
This Technical Specialist will be part of a state-of-the-art lab using analytical techniques such as ICP-OES, ICP MS, ion chromatography, HPLC, XRF, TOC/TN, CHNSO, titration, segmented flow nutrient analysis as well as sample preparation by fusion and microwave digestion.
If you are driven by peak performance with a sense of adventure and excitement for a new challenge, this job could be perfect for you.
• Work in a team to conduct routine and custom research-grade chemical analyses
• Provide training and technical support to self-service lab users
• Perform routine analyses independently and at high quality, including sample preparation, instrumental analysis and reporting
• Participate in developing and implementing instrumental analytical methods
• Keep up to date on technical developments in the area of expertise
• Ensure good laboratory practice and safety in the work area at all times
• Ensure maintenance status and maximum uptime of instruments
• Working knowledge of spectroscopic, chromatographic or spectrophotometric techniques such as ICP-OES, ICP-MS, TOC, Ion chromatography, CHNSO, XRF etc.
• Basic ability to troubleshoot and maintain equipment
• General laboratory skills such as following safety procedures, neatness, taking notes, follow written methods and instructions by the supervisor
• Basic understanding of method development and validation
• Maintain positive mindset and resilience in a multicultural environment
• Good written and oral communication skills in English
• MS degree or BS degree with several years of experience in chemistry, biochemistry, environmental science or related field